Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming Problems: Logitech UE / Squeezebox Smart Radio

Solved!

Streaming Problems: Logitech UE / Squeezebox Smart Radio

I have a squeezebox and have always had problems with spotify streaming. I upgrade the radio to the UE Smart Radio Software and still have the same problems. 

Some songs take a long time to buffer, others just don't buffer at all.

I have fibre optic internet with a downstream of 56mbs. My wireless network is fast. The issue seems to be isolated to the Spotify app specifically. 

Does anybody have ideas on what the problem could be? 

Is it simpy that the Squeezebox has inferior hardware? or is it a software problem? 

PS .I've had this problem for 3 years now since I got my first squeezebox. I thought it would eventually work itself out as the software updated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem for several months.

Nothing worked: Upgrade to LMS 7.8.0, reinstall LMS on NAS, etc. 

Finally this was the solution:

A reboot in the KPN Experia Box V8 router, via > EXTRAS  > Reboot

Easy, isn't it?

Greetz

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Do you ever get any error messages?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, not really. It's mainly just that it takes an age to stream anything. It's definitely an issue with buffering of the tracks. Sometimes it will reboot, but lately it's just that it takes forever to buffer, or just never actually buffers until I select a different song or album. 

I have a Logitech UE Smart Radio.  Since january 2014 I can not use the Spotify app. Internet an WiFi werks perfect. Radio works perfect. I can make connection to my Soptify albums but after waiting "Kan geen verbinding maken met Spotify server" ("Can not make connection with Spotift server"). Strange: there is some connection with my Logitech UE smart Radio and my Spotify Premeum account but when it comes to play te music, this notification appears. Of course i tried all the things like: de-install spotify an re-install, set UE Smart Radio to factory settinge, called with Logitech (the told me thea, if te UE Smart radio makes connection witje internet radio stations, it is not a failure in the UE Smaart Radio but a connection problem in Spotify. Please, can anybody help me with this problem? I miss my Spotyfy music on my UE Smart Radio. PS: ofcourse i have a Spotify Premeum account!

Hi there!

I have exactly the same problem.

Everthing works fine but I can't stream music. It says; Kan geen verbinding maken met de Spotify server.

I tried everything but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me? I miss my music!

Edmar

I have the same problem. It is about 2 weeks now

I've exactly the same problem.

same problem here.

Monday morning everything worked perfectly allright with my SBT and Spotify Premium account. Monday afternoon it stopped with the following error-message: "Kan geen verbinding maken met Spotify server". 

I looked it up in the logfiles of my Logitech Media Server. It gives:

[14-05-12 16:42:24.0094] Slim::Plugin::SpotifyLogi::Plugin::spds_handler (220) 00:04:20:22:b3:f2 Spotify error, code 8: Spotify login failed: Can not connect to Spotify

The strange thing is this: on my squeezepad-app the chosen track starts (no sound, that comes from the SBT) but on my SBT it won't. After a few seconds the error-message appears.

I'm very confused. I reinstalled Spotify on the SBT but nothing seems to have any effect.... HELP!!

Marked as solution

I had the same problem for several months.

Nothing worked: Upgrade to LMS 7.8.0, reinstall LMS on NAS, etc. 

Finally this was the solution:

A reboot in the KPN Experia Box V8 router, via > EXTRAS  > Reboot

Easy, isn't it?

Greetz

Again I have exactly the same problem!

Please help!

Hello Ashwin,

Is your problem solved?

Hallo FreekV,

Super, super, super bedankt!

Dit is de oplossing!

Ik ben zo blij dat er mensen zoals jij bestaan. Mijn dag is goed!

Groeten,

Edwin

Suggested posts