Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Streaming Quality in Onkyo

Solved!

Re: Streaming Quality in Onkyo

PeggySueW
Casual Listener

Thanks for that.  It makes sense so I will have to look elsewhere for my problems.

neiaberau
Regular

on my inky t-4070 simialr issue, it does not stram the higher quality.

onky sayis spotify fault, spotfiy says dont bother us: see

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/onkyo-T-4070-streaming-quality-only-160kb...

Regular

Hello everybody... 

I also have this problem.

Have somebody of you fixed it? 

Thanks in advance! 

Almorsal
I have an Onkyo Tx-nr626.
I listen to Verd good Quality when playing directly from the built in app.
WhenI stream via my appletv it is reasonably good, but when I stream via Bluetooth the quality decreases a lot.
I did not find any way to set higher the quality in the onkyo, but as I said the quality is very good

simooikeong
Casual Listener
Bluetooth audio sampling rate Is 44.1kHz at 16 bit. Definitely reduced quality when you listen

Sinner
Casual Listener
I have an Onkyo TX-NR828 and Spotify Premium. The same content sounds much better if I stream it to the Apple TV than using spotify connect. It is clear that the bitrate is lower than on my phone (extreme). There is no way I can adjust the streaming quality on the Onkyo. I know it's supposed to stream in the highest quality, but it clearly doesn't. Please advise!

MikeJ4
Same as others... I have Onkyo TX-NR747 with updated firmware, and it's very clear that the music quality is poor with the built-in streaming app. I can switch to Bluetooth and it's much better, but that's not how I want to operate! Have Spotify premium, btw.

Sinner
Casual Listener

BUMP: Never received any kind of reply or recognition of the problem, but the problem remains! Please do something about it !

Regular
I solved the problem by myself. Maybe it helps you... a lot of other users
are doing it since I posted this programm: http://getjamcast.com/
With Jamcast you can stream all you need in high quality.

Problem solved

Hybrid_man
Casual Listener

Hi, i had the same problem and after a couple of hours i've solved it. The problem was becouse of my router configuration, you just need to foreword 4070 port to your ONKYO IP adres. It works for me and now i haw High quality on Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS