Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Support for Squeezebox v2/v3?

Solved!

Support for Squeezebox v2/v3?

Are there any plans to support Squeezebox models besides the Squeezebox Radio?  The Radio is not exactly a high-fi listening platform!  I might as well listen through my computer's sound bar.  Woo.

I have a well established listening setup based on a Squeezebox v2, and have no plans to switch to a different device just so I can try out the Spotify service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wow, that thread about how to install Triode's Spotify plugin is pretty large and meandering and a lot of it seems to describe a method of installing plugins that doesn't work in my Logitech Media Server v7.7.2 installation.

The condensed answer is to open http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml in your browser, then search for Spotify, and pick the ZIP file that corresponds to your operating system (Windows, Linux, or Mac).

Unzip that file into the logitechmediaserver/Plugins directory and then restart the server.

Open the web interface and click on Settings in the lower right.  Go to the Plugins tab, scroll down to the Spotify (v2.2.12) entry, and click on the settings link next to it.  That will let you enter your username and password and get things set up.  Don't forget to click Apply.

If you are running Linux and get an error message about not finding libspotify.so when you start the Logitech server, you will have to create a symlink in your library path (/usr/local/lib is a good place) then run ldconfig and restart the Logitech server again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Spotify applications for partner devices are made by the partner company and not Spotify, so you would be best to ask Roku 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I'm using a 3rd party plugin with my Duet and it seems to work well. I was a little dubious about using 3rd party stuff at first but was easy to install and has been completely stable for me.

A thread to get you going : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/where-can-i-get-the-Triode-s-3rd-plug-in-...

1) The Squeezebox is made by Logitech, not Roku.

2) According to Logitech, their plugin only supports the Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Touch, and the lack of support for other models was at Spotify's request.

3) I am in no way invested in Spotify at this point in time.  In fact, the main reason I considered trying it was because it was supposedly supported by the Squeezebox family.  If it's not really, I'll just stick with Pandora, which is supported.

yellow160: I'll take a look at that.

Marked as solution

Wow, that thread about how to install Triode's Spotify plugin is pretty large and meandering and a lot of it seems to describe a method of installing plugins that doesn't work in my Logitech Media Server v7.7.2 installation.

The condensed answer is to open http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml in your browser, then search for Spotify, and pick the ZIP file that corresponds to your operating system (Windows, Linux, or Mac).

Unzip that file into the logitechmediaserver/Plugins directory and then restart the server.

Open the web interface and click on Settings in the lower right.  Go to the Plugins tab, scroll down to the Spotify (v2.2.12) entry, and click on the settings link next to it.  That will let you enter your username and password and get things set up.  Don't forget to click Apply.

If you are running Linux and get an error message about not finding libspotify.so when you start the Logitech server, you will have to create a symlink in your library path (/usr/local/lib is a good place) then run ldconfig and restart the Logitech server again.

Suggested posts