Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Surround Sound Issue in Windows Desktop Client but not in Web Player

Solved!

Surround Sound Issue in Windows Desktop Client but not in Web Player

I have the web player running along side the desktop app for testing purposes.

I have Windows 10 with all updates, and the latest verison of Spotify Desktop App.  I am a subscriber, and have enabled high quality streaming in the app.

When I stream music from the Web Player in the latest Microsoft Edge browser, it plays out of all speakers in my 5.1 system.  When I stream the same song from the desktop app, it plays in stero only.

I see a bunch of threads that deal with configuring audio card settings.  However, mine is obviously working fine with the browser, and with other apps.  Spotify desktop app is the only thing playing in stereo rather than multi channel surround sound.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Greetings @karld1,

Can you try launching Spotify with --disable-audio-output-resampler ?

Close Spotify

Execute the following command ( either in CMD or run ) : 

C:\Users\YourUSER\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --disable-audio-output-resampler

Make sure to change "YourUSER " accordingly!

Let me know the outcome!  🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Greetings @karld1,

Can you try launching Spotify with --disable-audio-output-resampler ?

Close Spotify

Execute the following command ( either in CMD or run ) : 

C:\Users\YourUSER\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --disable-audio-output-resampler

Make sure to change "YourUSER " accordingly!

Let me know the outcome!  🙂

That did the trick.  Thanks Dreadlord! 

P,S.  BTW, you can use the %username% environment variable when helping Windows people, then it will work, even if they don't know what their username is.

This doesnt work in my system, windows 10 with 7.1 sound system. On edge it works perfect but on spotify app for Windows i got flaw 2.1 sound, fix it please. Add advance option to chose sound device or whatever is need to make it work 🙂

Can this setting be used on the launch command from the desktop icon as well?

For example:

C:\Users\TARGET.USER\AppData\Roaming\Spotify
instead be

C:\Users\TARGET.USER\AppData\Roaming\Spotify --disable-audio-output-resampler

Would that work?

by way of example - this track spotify:track:0cJPLFrlV7TTCyPLupHzcH has a stereo track, but only plays on one channel.  You can hear the separated channel audio only by turning the volume up full and then it's only faintly heard.

Suggested posts