Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Swapping Out Audio File Once It’s Been Released (Play Count)

Swapping Out Audio File Once It’s Been Released (Play Count)

So my band uploaded a single and we’re getting near the release date. Thing is, we just realized the master file we used has a bit of a flaw in it that we would like to have fixed. However, rather than remove the song, lose all our pre-saves and risk the possibility of getting play-listed we’re going to allow the version to release and hopefully swap it out once it’s released by uploading a new audio file with the same ISRC CODE once the EP releases. Has anyone had any experience with this? Do we run the risk of the plays not transferring over? We are using distrokid to distribute. What’s the safest way to get this accomplished. Thanks in advance

5 Replies

Hey there @enlightenup93,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community 🙂

I'd recommend you take a look at this article on our Artists Support page.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you need help with anything else.

Best of luck with the release of your new single! 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey don’t know if you’ll see this, but wanted to ask if you got an answer to your question. We’re going through. Similar situation right now and would love support advice!

Hey @Tremayne,

Thanks for searching for the answer here.

You can find a more recent version of the article that @Xenia posted above here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi still don't think this answered the question. they're asking about updating the master audio file, not the metadata. 

Did you have any success with this?  I have a couple of audio files on spotify that have tails that are too long.  Of course re-uploading would change the song duration.  I'm wondering if there is any way I can correct these files?  Thx!

Suggested posts