Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Swedish Top100 instead of German on squeezebox

Solved!

Swedish Top100 instead of German on squeezebox

Hi,

I have just started using the newly introduced German spotify - however on my squeezebox system everything seems to be switched to Swedish settings (Top100 List is from sweden). Many songs are not playable over squeezebox which are playable over my laptop. All same account - and account setting is german.

WHat to do?

This is the official Squeezebox app which has hardly any settings to configure.

Thx,

M.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah - classic!

I have contacted spotify and this is what they told me:

Logitech are developing the Spotify app within the Squeezebox system. Logitech Customer Support will be able to help you if you have any questions or feedback:
http://www.logitech.com/support-downloads/support-contactus

Catch22...

Regards,

Markus.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I see the same thing here in Denmark; danish account, but Swedish Top 100 on the Squeezebox -- furthermore a whole lot of danish content not playable on Squeezebox.

Hi,

the same here in Germany with Sonos. 

Greeting

Manfred

Hi, 

I have the same problem (denmark). Do you have a fix for the prooblem?

/Stefan

Issue still existing on squeezebox server running on ARM Synology NAS. Any workaround available? Jan

I have the same problem in Germany with my Squeezebox Radio.

Hey there!

I have the same problem here with my Squeezebox Touch and Radio, and the Squeezebox Server running on an Netgear ReadyNas Duo.

By the way, has someone told Spotify, or any other involved company, about this bug?

Regards

I told Logitech. They say they can't fix it and that Spotify has to fix it. But I have no idea where to tell Spotify.
Marked as solution

Ah - classic!

I have contacted spotify and this is what they told me:

Logitech are developing the Spotify app within the Squeezebox system. Logitech Customer Support will be able to help you if you have any questions or feedback:
http://www.logitech.com/support-downloads/support-contactus

Catch22...

Regards,

Markus.

Classic, indeed.

I contacted Logitech again. These time they actually contacted the developers. But they answered only one part of my question. (Multiple non playable versions of albums are turning up in search results. They say it is a bug in the spotify API.)

I've tried it again and am now waiting for an answer...   

I've already contacted Spotify support several times on this issue.

Their standard answer is that Logitech must fix this -- but I believe Logitech has nothing to do with this:

1) The problem is seen on Sonos _and_ Logitech -- clearly Logitech cannot be responsible for Sonos' bugs.

2) A danish Squeezebox defaults to swedish ... why on earth would Logitech make such an error; while it is possible, I find it highly unlikely that an american company would launch software that defaults to swedish.. Spotify on the other hand comes from Sweden...

Spotify support seems very eager to push this problem to Logitech ... and they probably need to be pushed quite a lot to make an effort... sadly..

OK. Logitech's answer this time was just: "Everything's seems to be OK on our side."

Let's see if I have more luck with Spotify support ... 

Uh. I contacted Spotify support in May. They asked for my mail exchange with the logitech support and said they will get back to me a few days later.  Well ... 4 weeks later i've yet heard nothing of them and the support channel ist closed.

I think I will have to open a new ticket. Smiley Frustrated

Suggested posts