Premium (family account)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running spotify App
connected to Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Volumio with Spotify connect
My Question or Issue
for hearing music I use a streaming client (volumio). This streaming client has spotify connect installed.
For selecting the music I want to hear I use a Android tablet, I select a song and I use the option to play this song on another device (Spotify connect). This worked perfectly for months.
But since a few days it is not possible any more to swith from a playing song to another song on an other playlist. When I try this it stcks for a moment and then it play the same song. When I want to hear another song I now have to disconnect and play the music on the tablet, then I can switch e.g. to another playlist and then I can connect the streaming client again.
I have checked/resetted/reinstalled nearly everthing within my LAN but the problem still exists - do you have an idea?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I found a workaround now.
In Volumio I used the plugin 'Volumio Spotify Connect2' - I've replaced this plugin by the older version 'Volumio Spotify Connect ver1.7.6'. With this the problem with the switching between songs seems to be solved, but I don't know if this solution has other disadvantages?!
The Steps to replace the plugin are:
1. Deinstall 'Volumio Spotify Connect2'
2. Activate ssh if it is not already active. Goto to the volumio Web-UI and add '/DEV' to the URL. For me the URL for the volumio Web-UI looks like
http://<IP of volumio>/playback
I replace '/playback' by '/DEV' and then I'am able to activate/deactive ssh.
3. Open a terminal in volumio. I use PUTTY for that. Login with UserId volumio, Password volumio.
4. Deinstall of the plugin 'Volumio Spotify Connect2' didnt work properly for me, so I navigated to directory /data/plugins/music_service. It still contained a directory 'volspotconnect2' - I have deleted it.
5. Next I installed 'the old plugin' volspotconnect following the description found under https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/blob/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/readme.m...
(here you can skip step '1. Enable SSH and connect to Volumio' and start with step '2. Download and install the plugin'
6. Go again to Web-Ui, Plugins Management and maintain the settings for the plugin 'Volumio Spotify Connect ver1.7.6'.
7. Reboot Volumio