Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Cannot log in to Spotify via Nokia E52

[Symbian] Cannot log in to Spotify via Nokia E52

Going crazy here. My mobile just stopped cooperating and started asking for Spotify user name and password. Can't log in with FB credentials. On the other hand, can't get access with device number and e-mail address I've used to register.

The annoying thing is that I can stil log in to Spotify via my PC with my FB credentials, but nothing works (anymore) with my mobile. And I've also tried setting a new password myself, but this has proven an infinite loop. The Soptify programme just send me another invitation to go and change my password, and links me to the exact same page that I've made the request from!!!

What to do, pls help me, I'm a liberal arts major....

Marja

7 Replies

Hey Moksis - Users with Symbian phones and FB linked accounts need to retrieve a device username/ password. 

Have you done this already? It sounds like you're trying to sign in with your email instead. 

That can all be done right here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

No, the problem is that I have no password, nor can I create it? I have my device username (the list of numbers) but what do I use for password? This is what confuses me 🙂 When I click on the link you attached, it just puts me on a page where I can just click on a button "send email to set password". And when I do that, I end up at the exact same page (i.e. I'm asked again to send email to get password.

I'm sure it's me, but.....

Ah ok I see. So when you click on 'Send e-mail to set password' that window should just change to look like this. 

If that's not happening for you please try a different internet browser. It's worth logging into the Facebook site in a separate tab first. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 08.55.42.png

Hi, no luck....

I do get the window you refer to, but then the problems start. There just is no way for me to set the password. I don't understand why I can get to Spotify on my PC (Firefox) but not on my E52.

When I click on the "Send email button", the window itself just disappers and states a password has been sent to my email. But it has not been.....so there's the problem. I try to get a password, but it's just not happening.

Meredith

You solved my problem.

Now i can play music on my nokia n95!
Thanks!

🙂

Still no success. I got an email from weebl200, directing me to:

" manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options"

Um, what options? They do not help me it this log-in problem?

I have no password that my mobile will accept. How does one get the password in the first place, when joining Spotify? I have no recollection whatsoever.

GOT IT!!! I don't know what was wrong previously, the password setting function didn't work, now it does....I don't know what it was that I did or didn't do that helped. But thank Gow, now I'm ok 🙂

Suggested posts