Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Please Spotify, port the Nokia N8 version to the Nokia E6!

Solved!

[Symbian] Please Spotify, port the Nokia N8 version to the Nokia E6!

I used to love Spotify on my old Nokia E71. Now I have the new Nokia E6, I found out that there's no Spotify for this phone while there is a version for the Nokia N8 which has exactly the same operating system but no landscape mode which is needed for the Nokia E6.

Could you please support the Nokia E6?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.

Please get this fixed! Makes no sense not to support the E6! 

Sooner rather than later!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey! 

We would like Spotify to be available on a number of devices but haven't heard anything relating to this in the pipeline at the moment. Please keep the idea thread relating to this updated if you would still like this to happen. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I would like to purchase the premium account but want to use the mobile option as well.

I own a Nokia E6, but it's not in your list of compatible phones.

Will it be available soon? I understand de E6 is a rather popular phone.

For me this is  a reason not to buy the premium account.

I guess there are more people waiting for the app.

Please let me know.

Cascosongs

The same for me, I bought yesterday the Nokia E6, I already used premium spotify on my old phone and I was very surprised it didnn't work on the E6. Can you please inform us, if

a/ there is a workaround or

b/ if you have in the planning to fix it

if yes when

if no, bad news but at least we now where we up to.

thanks in advance for your reply

Regards Bernard

Hello,

Like the fellows above, I also own a Nokia E6 and would be very glad if Spotify would add the E6 to the list of supported phones.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My premium account is useless without this app!

Please MT... Spotify, pimp my E6

SAM

Marked as solution

Hi.

Please get this fixed! Makes no sense not to support the E6! 

Sooner rather than later!

anything new?!

As premium user i would love to see it on my e6 otherwise i have to switch to another music platform,

Like all the other frustrated Nokia e6 users out there I can't stress enough how much we need to have spotify on nokia e6!!!  Especially when it's already on other symbian belle phones like the n8!!!

I have a nokia E6 and Spotify Premium.

Is it possible a workaround or app for the NBokia E6 comes available?

Yes, here's another one expecting that. I tried to install the E5 -version, but it was quite a failure =I

I had an E6 for a while recently.  To try to get Spotify running I went to m.spotify.com on the phone and tried installing versions for other Symbian devices, such as the N82, E7 and N97 MIni (by manually selecting the device from the Symbian list).  Although they did install, the main problems were 1) the screen will not resize/reflow to fit the E6's oddbal resolution and you can't scroll downward to see the commands at the bottom of the UI, and 2) some of the other Symbian versions are designed for non-touch screens and so they expect soft-keys that do not exist on the E6 (and so I couldn't even log in)

So I woudn't bother trying to install other versions if I were you.  Good luck getting an E6 specific version, I think it's probably unlikely IMHO

Suggested posts