Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Problems logging in with a Facebook account

Solved!

[Symbian] Problems logging in with a Facebook account

So you've got a Spotify account. And you've got a phone that's running on the Symbian operating system. But you can't get logged in!

If you've created an account through Facebook, you will need to create a device password. With this password, you should be able to get logged in on your phone!

For a list of supported Symbian phones, you can find that right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try re-installing app!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Faceless- Can I just confirm which Blackberry you're trying to use? 

Blackberry users don't need to set a device password to sign in. Simply put in your Facebook email as your username and then your Facebook password. 

Marked as solution

Hi, i have same problem with my E7. I change facebook password many time and still not work. I have do everything  and stil not work my mobile, Spotify works my computer perfectly but always when i try to login on mobile and accept its first logginin but then it go back and ask again username and password??? And yes i have premium spotify user.

Marked as solution

Hi pasinm - As you joined via Facebook, you'll need to retrieve a username/ password for your Symbian. 

Just click here to get started: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

100 Replies

i have the same problem, only i can login thru my laptop, but phone says wrong passwod, and i just paid for full service.

Marked as solution

Try re-installing app!

how do i create a device password

i have a facebook app on my phone an have no problems signing on with it.

Same problem at Nokia e72

If support dont give me a solution I will erase my account becouse we are paying a service that dont work!!!

Hi Serfio and Tomnw-

I've just had a look at both of your accounts and everything is in order.

All you need to do is retrieve your username and create a device password--with Symbian phones you can't login with your Facebook email/ password.

Just click here to get started.  

WORK!!!!!!

THANKS!!!

But put this instructions at FAQ becouse I didnt found it and all the people with nokia E72 etc have the same problem

Best Regards For the Fast Support!!

I have a similar problem - though I don't have a facebook account - how can I fix this?!

Hey Dwiendle--

Users that have their own username can use the same login detail as they do on their desktop app--no need to retrieve another username and password for your phone.

Have you tried signing in with your usual 'dwiendle' username and password? Are you receiving any error messages?

Hey!

I got the e-mail to set adevice assword but the link won`t open!!!!

Yeah! Thats the link...it just won`t open :`-(

I get the e-mail with the link to set my password for my mobile log-in , but unfortunately the link won`t open...

Hey 39- An email is on its way to you now.

After confirming a few details, we can send you direct link to set your password.

THX!

Send you the requiered information!

I cant´t get the mail to set a device password, it says "An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to x.xxxxxx@xxx.de" but there is nothing.

I also checked spam folders, tried serval times, waited for hours, nothing. 😞

Hi Oetker-- I've just sent an email your way, please have a look when you a chance.

hi,

i can't login on my nokia x6. i have already created a device password but it doesn't work.

Hi Zaudi - Are you using your '1122257200' device username along with the device password?

You need to use that username (rather than your email) when logging into your phone.

Suggested posts