Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Unable to sign in after memory card swap

Solved!

[Symbian] Unable to sign in after memory card swap

Hi all,

I ran out of space on my 2gb Micro-SD so just popped a new 32gb card in. Unfortunately I am now unable to sign-in. I have tried using the username (numbers) and my email address but no luck. I have reset the password and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Phone: Nokia E5

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah 😉 

Just drop a post onto this topic asking for your devices to be reset and a member of the team will be able to sort that out for you. You will however need to redownload any offline content you have on all your devices.

That error occurs when the system thinks you have more than the allowable number of devices connected to your account for offline usage. Since your cache will have been on a different memory card, the system must think your new setup is a seperate device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Try the following:

1. Open Spotify in your mobile
  2. Go to More and select Clear saved data
  3. Close Spotify and uninstall it from your mobile
  4. Install Spotify once again through the Nokia OviStore or by visiting m.spotify.com in your mobile web browser.

You will need to sign in using your device username and password, if you can't remember either of those have a read at this FAQ.

Peter

Peter

Thanks for your help. It turned out to be a local network error (my bad). However, now I am online and I get:

Offline acess for this device has been withdrawn

Any ideas? 😉

Marked as solution

Yeah 😉 

Just drop a post onto this topic asking for your devices to be reset and a member of the team will be able to sort that out for you. You will however need to redownload any offline content you have on all your devices.

That error occurs when the system thinks you have more than the allowable number of devices connected to your account for offline usage. Since your cache will have been on a different memory card, the system must think your new setup is a seperate device. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter

No problem 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts