Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] paid but cant login

Solved!

[Symbian] paid but cant login

I paid for service, works great off laptop, but try to login on cell phone says wrong passwork, frustrating, any help would be great. The phone is a nokia E5

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Dani9790 - Startup hangs are most likely because of the playlist cache becoming corrupt. To fix this you just need to delete the user folder, situated in users/USERNAME in the Spotify folder. The app should then start and reload all playlists from our servers.

Deleting the folder can be done on the phone itself, going to the Media folder, hitting the Menu button and choosing Explore. Once the folder has been found, selecting that one and pressing Menu will give the option to Delete.

It can also be done by connecting the phone to a computer, choosing to connect as USB Media, and on the computer finding the folder and deleting it.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty quick.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

its fixed 🙂 i cleared cashe on the main screen on spotify on my phone and logged in.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Try re-installing app or login with your Spotify details.

have done that twice, says lonin failed, incorrect username or passwork. I am useing my facebook login and password, I was never given one fron spotiy, always says log in with facebook.

Tomnw - Sorry about the delay in getting to you here. To log into a Nokia E5, you'd need to log in with your numerical username and create a device password.

You can retrieve this username and create a password here: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

You should then be sorted.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ive paid, downloaded the app onto my blackbery curve, and got my numerical username and password from spotify but I cant log in It just give me an endless loading screen. Any ideas

Have you got the latest version of the RIM firmware on that phone at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I've paid for premium Spotify, yet when I try and log in on my Blackberry the message "A Premium account is required to use Spotify. Sign up using the link below".

I've check my online payments and they're up to date.

How can I resolve this problem?

Frankie - Your issue is a little different. I'm popping an email over to you now.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marrij - I've got a blackberry bold 9790 and got the same problem. It worked fine before but recently it decided after I put my fb details in and click log in just to bring up the loading icon. I've tried reinstalling spotify but no different. Its soooo annoying
Marked as solution

Dani9790 - Startup hangs are most likely because of the playlist cache becoming corrupt. To fix this you just need to delete the user folder, situated in users/USERNAME in the Spotify folder. The app should then start and reload all playlists from our servers.

Deleting the folder can be done on the phone itself, going to the Media folder, hitting the Menu button and choosing Explore. Once the folder has been found, selecting that one and pressing Menu will give the option to Delete.

It can also be done by connecting the phone to a computer, choosing to connect as USB Media, and on the computer finding the folder and deleting it.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty quick.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I can't explore the file. I can't find anywhere else that has anything for spotify in
Marked as solution

its fixed 🙂 i cleared cashe on the main screen on spotify on my phone and logged in.

I've got the same problem with my blackberry Bold 9780. Everytime I try logging in, It says, 'login failed. Could not connect to spotify. Please check your network (WiFi, APN) settings... How do i get ound this? I have a Premium account and Spotify worked just fine on my Android phone. The thing is my Android phone is being repaired and the Blackberry is a temporary phone. Didn't feel like getting Blackberry internet for a couple of weeks so I could use certain Blackberry apps, because the Android phone is going to be fixed in a few weeks. Could it be because I don't have Blackberry Internet that logging in won't work on the Spotify Blackberry app? I really want to listen to my Spotify playlists in the meanwhile. So thank you for your answer!

Iris_Amalia - It will because of the Blackberry internet thing. Spotify will need to register your device to your account before you can use it. This will mean that your device will need to be initially 'online' and connected to the internet to get the app working. Have you tried connecting to a WiFi network and connecting through that?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Having the same problem, when i try to log in i comes up with a window saying 'Could not connect to spotify. Please check your network (WI-FI and APN) settings.'

My phone is a Blackberry 8520

Thanks

LU - Are you unable to connect at all? If not, got a little suggestion. It may work. Firstly, make sure you're not in Offline mode. The head to Options in your BlackBerry > Device Management > Application Management > Spotify App > Edit Permissions. If you could then unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

As soon as i type my username and password in and click log in it comes up with the loading circle and the window that i said in my last post. I only have something in edit permissons called library modules with spotify 1-16 files and six spotifyCore files

I also got premium Spotify and when I try and log in on my Nokia E7-00 the message "You need to have Spotify Premium to use Spotify on this device." is popping up. I've checked everything and reinstalled it couple of times.

Are you logging in using your Spotify username not your Facebook email address?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm using my Spotify username.

Suggested posts