Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync Spotify liked songs with Last.fm loved Tracks

Sync Spotify liked songs with Last.fm loved Tracks

Hey, everyone!  For a long time I tried to find such way of sync. And there was an old feature request about that, which was closed as "not enough votes"  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Last-fm-Sync-last-fm-loved-Tracks/idi-p/274574

So I made small sync tool for it by myself. If you've ever struggled with liking songs twice (once on Spotify then on Lastfm) then here is solution

Hope you will enjoy it!

It also can make a playlists from you listenings history and adjust them filtering tracks by their vibes

29 Replies

Long time no see! Have a good news: now you could sync all your loved songs from Lastfm to Spotify (and vice versa as it was in the beginning). Me personally already tried that and now I am listening my 14k favorite songs in the same order they appeared in my life. It is like Time Machine. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

To use this feature much more permissions is needed to grant when you log in with Spotify. I also requested things in advance for the future improvements, just want to be clear with dudes who worrying about their privacy

And yes, be careful if you don't want to get ALL your lastfm loved songs in your Spotify library then don't use it, cause it might be pretty difficult to clean the Spotify library after that

Btw if u want to get such updates please subscribe to telegram channel

hey everyone, a bit of you who are using lastfm -> spotify loved songs synchronization might noticed that your loved songs appeared in multiple versions (if the song have appeared on different albums or have remixes). To avoid of overloading with such "duplicates" I decided to make that feature onetime after it's manually turned on your side. One more time to be celan: it is only about "lastfm to spotify" sync. The "spotify to lastfm" is working fine and will be automatic forever. Thx for using the service! YOU are more than 1000 already and that makes me happy

For more updates subscribe project channel in Telegram https://t.me/spotifysync

Thanks for your work! It's really what I need. Please keep it alive, if possible open-source may help it become better and growth.

I am glad I just found this post! Once it syncs, I'll let everyone I know to use it. My friends have been hoping for a way to do this for a long while now.

hi and thanks a lot for this tool but don't work for me 😞

any idea to fix it ?

This year lot of changes were made and I actually have just finished.
1. New superb feature TIME MACHINE: it makes playlist in Spotify from you Lastfm history. If you are kinda nostalgic and want to travel some days from the past using the magic of music awakening memories
2. Necessary redesign and many things under the hood which improved stability and scalability and flexibility of the project. Any bugs reports still appreciated
3. And this is my favorite one hehe: finally subscription links with easy to go payment method. Service is still totally free but you can support it from now on with your microtransactions

Lol what a bait and switch, only after making you link your accounts, with INVASIVE permissions, it tells you need to buy a subscription. At least update your original post and be honest on your landing page. I'm suprised you are not running into issues for using "spotify" in your domain name and product name.

hit me up on a telegram (link is on the site) and let's fix this together for you

Could you specify which messaging might be less upset for you on the site?I've checked the post and the main page of the site itself twice to be sure that there is no any misleading promises

Hello, late happy new year.
Before signing in with Spotify I have no ability to view anything about subscriptions, there is only a sign in button and a theme button. I need to share my Spotify information to learn subscriptions even exist. I do think the main "Sign in with Spotify" button makes sense, but maybe have a small "about Spotifysy" (or Playlistener) link to show more information right there or a separate page helps?

In this thread it said "Service is still totally free" but when signed it says "Your subscription ended". I am only informed that "All features require an active subscription." after already signing away full control over my Spotify account. I'd recommend editing your initial post of 2019-08-03 10:15 AM to explain whether you require a subscription.

Spotify has a(n annoyingly complicated) permissions system to improve security, there isn't an "all permissions" thing on purpose. Your point of future proofing is moot because if Spotify invents new scopes for new features that your app needs... you need to re-prompt users anyway. It is better to only request the permissions you need and request new ones if and when those needs change. I am not saying you have any bad intentions collecting those permissions, the problem is you could have bad luck or make a mistake. You push an update that deletes everyone's library by mistake even though you tried to test... I'm sure you'd let everyone know if you'd feel pressured to sell the service to someone else. But what happens when you become unable to maintain it and its security out of the blue? Or your hosting provider gets phished and hacked and someone has control over your service now and therefore everyone's account. The problem is even people that aren't paying customers, either never were or no longer subscribed, are still giving your service full control. This is putting a target on your back and your users' back for ill intended people that want to manipulate playback stats, SEO spam through playlists and mess with likes and recommendation.

I apologize for the length of this criticism but I am sharing these thoughts because I think the premise of your service is worth it. I wouldn't have found this thread or your website if I didn't have this problem at the time and I think it will be valuable to others. I even see you added many other features not described in this thread and it makes sense that you'd encourage people to compensate you for your effort and time. If you want me to edit or remove any messages on your thread then please let me know. (I am not on Telegram.)

Suggested posts