Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing issues on Windows 8.1 phone

Syncing issues on Windows 8.1 phone

I have a Premium account & have been experiencing random syncing problems on my Nokia Lumia 635 phone. Every so often my Spotify app will stop playing and my entire playlist (which is currently over 900+ songs) will be re-synced. Which is a problem for me since our WiFi is only satellite internet with limited data.

So I was just wondering why my songs are being re-synced/re-downloaded repeatedly and if there was any solution to remedy this? I've already tried reinstalling the Spotify app itself numerous times and that doesn't work.

Any help here would be much appreciated.
2 Replies

I have the same problem from time to time. It's really annoying especially when you try to listen to your music out of WiFi and decent mobile internet range and out of the blue it tells you to connect to sync. According to Spotify support it's caused by too many devices being registered for offline use (which in turn may happen if you logout while offline). That might be true for some but in my case I'm using Spotify apps only on 2 devices, which are properly recognized in my account settings (no repeated entries or stuff), and yet it still happens. Try clearing offline devices list and resync your music (I know the pain). It may help for a week or month.

In my case, besides having all my offline media ripped out, I've also got the problem that syncing just stops working, with no reason at all.

I do have enough space, I do not have even 2000 musics selected and it just keeps on "pending" forever. 

Suggested posts