Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

TV HDMI Spotify stopped

TV HDMI Spotify stopped

My Question or Issue

When I connect My PC Linux to HDMI cable to my TV, After a few minutes the connexion both hdmi stopped. Is It a problem about my PC or My Spotify Plan? Thanks.

PS. Usually of I Watch movies by other internet sites Theresa isn't any problem and the connexion is stable.

Thanks, best riguarda,

Marco

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Operating System

Linux Mint

2 Replies

My mom and I have the exact same issue. Our TVs aren't smart, so since we can't install the app on them, we connect our computers via HDMI cables. We can always watch Netflix and many other streaming services without a problem, but with Spotify the screen will go black (like an idle, energy saving thing) after 5 minutes. 
It's REALLY annoying having to constantly move the mouse so that the screen doesn't go black and the sound/image stops. (It goes back to "normal" after moving the mouse).

We run Windows 10, though.

Any ideas?

Hey @hypers0mni4tic,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device causing this "casting" problem with the HDMA cable. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, make sure to adjust the "sleep and power" time of your display to Never on your windows settings, You can check the process here.

Lastly, if the issue persists, include in your next response the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running on your PC.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts