Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tesla Spotify bug: iPhone (repeat function) messes up car app

Tesla Spotify bug: iPhone (repeat function) messes up car app

My Question or Issue

This bug is getting old now (2016) but I'm not giving up 😉

Whenever I use the repeat function on my iPhone (Spotify) it affects the Tesla Spotify app in the wrong way. Suddenly, next track won't play in the car. The "skip to next track-button" is not even highlighted. To fix this I have to go back to "continous play" on the phone and, I think, log out of and into the Tesla Spotify app.

Please fix. Thank you.

I would also appreciate it if collaborative lists were playable in my Tesla 😉 

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden 

Device

(Tesla app vs iPhone latest firmware)

Operating System

(Tesla 2018.21.9 and iOS 11.2.6)

2 Replies

Were Heading into the end of the year holidays in 2020 and we still have this problem, yikes.

Hey @RareNine and @teebone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you are both logged in to the account you have created, not the one that Tesla provided with your cars, right?

In that case, these issues are most likely caused by corrupted app files. You can follow the steps here to perform a clean reinstall on your mobile device. Make sure to also restart your device. This is an effective, but often overlooked step.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd appreciate screenshots or recordings how the app gets displayed with you. This would help us out a lot in finding the root cause of the problem. Just be sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts