Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

Solved!

The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

I'm speechless. I need The Beatles. Please. Anything. Any song at all. Not covers, but the originals. Please. I'm begging.

116 Replies

Well Michael Jackson and Sony bought the songs together, so when he dies they went to Sony I guess. But they dont own the actual recordings, EMI and Apple do, and after the massive row with apple that delayed the music coming to iTunes i'm guessing it'll take a little longer to breach the rest of the digital platforms. Just have to wait and see

I totally get the frustration some may have, and the second the Beatles and Led Zeppelin get added to the catalogue, they will immediately be added to my playlists. In the interim, for my Led Zeppelin fix, the cover band Led ZepAgain is a really, REALLY good cover band, even garnering positive comments from Jimmy Page himself. Until the Zep gets added, ZepAgain will do!

JackHartley's account is slightly inaccurate. Michael Jackson had to sell the rights to the catalogue to Sony long before his death because he had well recorded financial troubles.

I think there are a combination of factors affecting the rollout of the Beatles' music to digital platforms. 1) As mentioned, the longstanding legal spat with Apple- I suspect some sort of exclusivity arrangement might have been arranged, 2) Yoko being burned by John's move to Spotify, 3) the Harrisons clearly not being happy with the money they were making from Spotify. As any decision requires the consent of all four Beatles (or their estates), then I think it will probably be quite a while before we get the Beatles on Spotify.

marcoacuna, you're getting annoyed at Spotify because the ARTIST wont let them stream their music? If its that frustrating go get the rights for the music and post it your self. Spotify provides a great service that has almost replaced my entire music library, and though I still need to have a few of these bands on hard copy, its 100% understandable that it will take time to get the required rights to big names. 

All in all, stfu and stop B*tching.

Ah Sam from Spotify I feel really bad for you and seeing how well you deal with other people's ignorance really makes me that much happier to be paying your monthly fee!

PEOPLE THIS IS NOT SPOTIFY'S FAULT.

As stated previously,  The Beatles rights and ownership is completely and utterly **bleep**ed.  Apple and iTunes are praised because they somehow roped the Beatles' music onto their Digital Distribution Format (iTunes).  The business and tech world literally relate this feat as the KEY to Apple's online success.  

A direct quote from Rolling Stone "Beatles' Deal Most Lucrative In iTunes' History"  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beatles-deal-most-lucractive-in-itunes-history-20110106

To give you all an idea of how difficult this was lets take a look at how this deal usually goes down:

- Royalties are paid by iTunes to the label, then the last person to get paid is the artist

- Paul McCartney & EMI have bad blood with royalty payments (Paul wants more money than EMI gives)

- EMI & iTunes had to come to an agreement that paid more money to the band than EVER BEFORE IN DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION HISTORY for Paul to agree with this contract.

Since EMI is in debt, CEO Roger Faxon was in a back against the wall type of situation he pushed this deal as quickly as possible so as to help with that financial crisis. 

I think a bigger question of "pride in ownership" comes into play here where we look at the modern music consumer as somebody who doesn't give a **bleep** about properly owning his or her own music.  If you want this Beatles music sooo bad why don't you just save up for a little and buy the darn stuff.  God Forbid you support a band you love so freakin much.

Anyways, thats the two cents of a UCLA Ethnomusicology & Music Industry Student.  I live breathe and **bleep** these issues everyday in classes surrounded by some of the brightest musical minds America has to offer. We actually had two Spotify representative come in and I asked this exaxct question about "Hold Out Bands" and their response was exactly the fact that some bands simply don't believe in digital music disemination.

In other words: quit bitching people, the future will be here eventually and let's just hope that this takes

Other hold out bands include AC/DC, Garth Brooks (who cares), Kid Rock, Bob Seger, some of Black Sabbath, Def Lepoard, Tool, and The Smiths for the exact reason that none of them feel like the artist makes enough money from online streaming/digital sales.  

The age of buying music is over. Lets face it and embrace companies like Spotify who are trying a new approach.  Let's just hope that Spotify will keep in the artist's favor and continue to increase revenue to the artists for the beautiful and diverse music they are providing.

CHEERS

WCOAST

For all you rockers check out my band!

facebook.com/thewescoast 

Yeah yeah i get that.... BUT ITS THE BEATLES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! 

Lol 😉

WE NEED THE BEATLES ON SPOTIFY!!! PLEASE BEATLES ON SPOTIFY

They are there now!

edit: I am sorry I was confused 😞 I thought I had heard them on a friend's computer through spotify, but I was wrong.

Where!?
I can see an artist page but none of their albums!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hate to bump an old thread but the people complaining are idiots. I've used all the streaming services out there. Mog, rdio, rhapsody and they all suck compared to spotify. Spotify are the first to have Metallica and recently have Pink Floyd. That's a big step in the right direction. Other companies have the same old crap and don't add anything that makes you want to pay 10 bucks a month to stream. I remember 1 cd being 20 bucks in the 90s and you only wanted one song from it. now for half the price you get virtually anything ever made from the best subscription service out there. 

Keep it up Spotify. I'm a subscriber for life. 

I downloaded Spotify for the sole reason of listening to the Beatles at work.  I have many of their albums on CD at home, but it's Global Beatles Day and I thought I'd listen to them all day at work....NOPE.

Oh well...I get why, but still disappointed.

I agree. I totally understand that it's not Spotify's fault, but there's a new breath in the lungs of hope for this, especially after seeing the Pink Floyd and The Eagles catalogs added to Spotify.

I blame Yoko...

Step 1: Rip those cds you have at home onto your computer - Just use windows media player, it'll figure out track names and such for you, doesn't take long per cd and won't sotp you doing other things whilst it works away (perfectly legal)

Step 2: Get google drive - Add beatles rips to google drive folder

Step 3: Play directly from google drive in your office

I do the same thing with video, audio will be superfast. For everything you don't own, try spotify, if not there blame the artist / record label for being outdated

burnt cd's will get you where you need to go!

Agreed.

Ditto!!!

Spotify Final photo spectrum2a_zpsd6c3919f.jpg

Itunes have have the exclusive right to The Beatles, no on demand streaming service or other online mp3 store has their music, let's hope that changes one day

same problem with Led Zeppelin, plenty of incredible, historic bands that aren't on Spotify due to their labels not giving permission for some reason

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

Suggested posts