Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The app for Windows 10 sound quality is terrible.

The app for Windows 10 sound quality is terrible.

No matter if you turn on "premium" sound for Spotify, the app for Windows 10 sound quality is terrible. There is no change if you toggle the sound quality, never was. This is still an issue that is convenently overlooked and shrugged off by Spotify. The app for Windows 10 is noticibly poorer quality, sounding muffled. The webplayer sound crisp and the Bass is deeper. Can I get a Spotify employee to shug me off? I'm sure they will have no answer and of course nothing will be done as this has been a problem for YEARS. BTW Spotify. C R A P is not a swear word.

1 Reply

As a user i'm surprised you didn't got any official answer.

That's weird, it sounds like you got the stream at a lower bitrate than 256kbps. Please try out on http://play.spotify.com/ to see if the bad quality persists. If it persists you will have to check on your computer drivers or adjust audio settings. That would be strange.

If you hear everything good quality outside Spotify program I'll recommend to uninstall it completely and re-downloading the setup to go straight a new install. Latest update broke some basics, so don't think twice about reinstalling.

P.S. @ZeroNineOneFive stated to try Equalify but I don't think that will make a difference to the basic Spotify output, yet will be cool to try out 😄

Suggested posts