The app stops working in my car constantly

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Connected to Alpine INE-W960A car stero via Bluetooth

My Question or Issue

It just stops playing music but the app shows it is playing and the stereo shows the same. Disconnecting and reconnect sometimes works. Otherwise I need to delete the app and reinstall. This is happening atleast once a month

But now my new issue is the song plays 1 sec and pauses then i press play and it plays 1 sec and pauses.

So i disconnected and reconnected but no fix so i  cleared all bluetooth info on both  devices and no fix.

wiped the data from my phone and it works. But turned the car off and same problem started again when i turned the car on....

So i deleted the app and reinstalled so now i will see if it works

1 Reply

Hey there @Chrissysnowbat!

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the delayed reply!

Did the reinstall of the app make a difference for you? We'd suggest making sure that you follow the steps here when reinstalling to removed all the cached info that might be causing trouble.

Next we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts