Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Time out of Spotify using Sonos

Solved!

Time out of Spotify using Sonos

Hello. I'm running spotify through my sonos for my office. It stopped working today and states "attempt to connect to spotify timed out. Please try again. If the problem persists please contact Spotify. I've deleted the account and tried to add Spotify to my Sonos with no success. Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SK30,

Be sure to update your Sonos firmware to version 7.0 or newer, and it should work again. To do so, follow these instructions.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SK30,

Be sure to update your Sonos firmware to version 7.0 or newer, and it should work again. To do so, follow these instructions.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've got the same issue. I've updated my sonus, restarted the phone, sonus and internet and checked Spotify and that is playing fine within its own app. Any other ideas????

I've also updated all of my apps

worked fine for me.  thank you.

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but it worked for me. I too had the same issue with connecting to Spotify from the latest version of the Sonos app for iOS (7.1). What worked for me was updating the desktop (for Mac) version of my Sonos app. Sometimes I start a playlist from the desktop app and then control it (when I'm out of the room) on my phone. Not sure how this relationship works, or if there is one, but the minute I updated the Desktop app, the phone app starting working again.

when i updated the sonos software to the latest version i was able to connect
thanks for taking the time to help out

Updating to ver 7.1 and then deleting my account and restarting my account in Sonos worked for me to get Spotify working again. Thanks to Osornios!

This worked for me but I think I know why some others are confused. You say to update your Sonos "firmware". I would guess that 95% of people have no idea what "firmware" is. I work in technology so I do. Firmware is basically "software for hardware". So doing a firmware update is actually installing software on your Sonos speaker.

I think many people would assume that if they update the Sonos App, then the firmware will be updated. But simply updating the Sonos App does not solve the problem. You need to go into the Sonos app. You might see an "Update Now" item on the screen. If so, click that. If not, click the "hamburger" in the upper left and select Settings. Then scroll down to "Online Updates" and you should be able to update from the next screen.

I have version 7.1, but I still have the same fault. I have already deleted spotify from sonos, but when I try to reinstall spotify, it is not possible...

Thanks.

UPDATING SONOS DID THE TRICK, MANY THANKS

Suggested posts