Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tivo/Shuffling

Tivo/Shuffling

Does anyone know how to shuffle songs within a playlist when playing Spotify on the Tivo?  I can do it no problem on my iPhone, but it does not seem to have an option to do it on the Tivo.

Thanks!

Jim

9 Replies

There is no shuffle facility on the Tivo app, which makes it not worth using as far as I'm concerned. What were they thinking of, writing a music player app with no shuffle? It's absolutely fundamental. More people would start using Spotify on the Tivo if it existed. Me at least.

I could not agree more. I spent time building a Christmas Faves playlist so I could shuffle it on my Spotify app through my TiVo into my surround system and found that I could not shuffle. I was quite disappointed - especially as a paid subscriber. I work for TiVo and brought this to their attention, but they said it is the Spotify app and has nothing to do with TiVo.

Right now I am listening to my Christmas Fave playlist on shuffle on my Mac and add each song that plays to my new Random Christmas playlist for the TiVo. It's a lame workaround, but it beats having less control on my Pandora app on the TiVo.

Oh well... Now I need to find the place where I make this recommendation to Spotify. It really is a non-started for the TiVo app. 😞

It is a huge omission on Spotify's part to not have a Shuffle button. I found another workaround:

1. Select the playlist you want to hear.
  2. Right arrow and then select any song to start listening.
  3. When screen changes to show the playing song and progress bar (after about 30 seconds) you will see a Shuffle icon on the left-hand edge. Left arrow and Select it.

Your list is now shuffling.  

But seriously, Spotify needs to add a real Shuffle button.

Sounds good. Can't check it out because I no longer have a Tivo box after
moving to a building not covered by Virgin cable. I now use a little Apple
TV box to get Spotify playing wirelessly through my TV and sound system
from either my Macbook, iPad or iPhone. Google Chromecast would do the same
thing, I believe. Highly recommend it.

I assume you're using AppleTV mirroring to get it to work? I've been doing that since I got my AppleTV and it does generally work fine. It would be quicker to do it through my TiVo since my A/V system is usually in TiVo mode (and sometimes mirroring gets a bit flakey).  I will return to that if the TiVo app doesn't improve.  

It would be awesome to have a Spotify app on Apple TV, but I'm sure Apple won't allow it--it would make people realize how lame iTunes Radio is in comparison. 🙂

I have no clue what you're talking about. I have tried everything. No
shuffle option EVER appears. Can you provide the detail that is missing so I
can find this elusive, magical shuffle button you speak of? L

Let me step through what I see.  Here is the step-by-step with a few more details:

1. Start Spotify app on TiVo. (Wait for it to start up.)
  2. Select a playlist and press Select button
  3. Select song to start and press Select button to start playing
  4. Ater about 1.5 minutes (just times it) the screen will change to show you a large depiction of the song currently playing, with a pause button you can click in the middle of it. When you see that screen...
  5. Click on the Shuffle button that is againste the left-hand margin of the screen.

That's what I see on my TiVo Premiere.

Perhaps it is different on my Roamio. The screen does not change. I just let
a 4 minute song play and nothing changed. L

Come on Spotify listen to your users. Add the shuffle feature to the virgin media spotifty app already, we've been waiting since 2013 apparently... 

Suggested posts