Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

To retrieve lost songs - can anyone help please?

To retrieve lost songs - can anyone help please?

Hi

I've been an ITunes subscriber for a number of years. I have also synchronised my ITunes playlist with my Spotify account.

Recently (last September) I took my PC in for a repair. Only recently I have discovered - to my absolute horror - that since the repair, all 800-odd songs I ripped from CD's onto ITunes have disappeared from my library - and by implication, they have disappeared from my Spotify account as well. As you can imagine, I am not best pleased by this.

Presumably, because my Spotify playlists are dependant on whatever is contained in my iTunes playlists, these songs will have been permanently deleted from my Spotify account.

Notwithstanding this, does anyone know if it is possible for Spotify to reinstate these lost songs to my account - or would I need to reinstate them to iTunes first?

As a last resort, I made a system backup to USB last June. Presumably, in theory, I should be able to retrieve most of my songs from this backup? (in which case I’ll need to take it down to the PC shop to do this…)

If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction, I’d be enormously grateful.

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

1 Reply

Sadly you can't do it by spotify. If you are lucky the only way is to restore your pc at some state before you brought  it to the shop that repaired it. I'm saying that because I believe they deleted something / formatted. Anyway the acted deleting some local files (your local files that were songs, for spotify). 

Can you do that? (If yes, don't just do it, I will guide you on how do this saving your actual state of your pc so you are not going again to repair your pc by someone else)

Keep me updated 🙂

Suggested posts