Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track blocked

Track blocked

Hello,

I have one track blocked I cannot play it. I am a Spotify Premium user. Please help!

12 Replies

Hi, do you get an error message when trying to play the track? Also, what country is your account based in, and what track is giving the error?

Just a message on top of the Screen that says spotify is unable to play that song.

My account is based in Portugal

the song is Foals - My number

Hello And welcome ๐Ÿ™‚
This track is perfectly Working on My phone... Does this error appear only on One device or on all of your devices?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

@agl785 wrote:

Just a message on top of the Screen that says spotify is unable to play that song.

My account is based in Portugal

the song is Foals - My number

Thanks for the info! It appears to me that the album Holy Fire is available in Portugal.

Can you play the track from the Web Player (play.spotify.com)? Here's an embed link to the track: 

If it's working from the Web Player, it may be a cache error: try doing a clean reinstallation by following the steps outlined here.

It happens in my two laptops, but it works perfectly on my phone.

Nope, the web player does not work either ๐Ÿ˜ž

On the desktop applications, try going to Preferences -> Playback and turn off High quality streaming, and then restart Spotify. Does that solve the issue? If not, try doing a clean reinstallation by following the steps outlined here.

It's also possible that it's an 802 error, which normally means it's a temporary database issue. Spotify normally automatically fixes 802 errors within 24 hours.

None of them worked.

I have changed my preferences and for high quality, and since it didn't work, I unistalled Spotify and installed it back. I still cannot hear that song.

I have been with this problem since july, so it isn't error 802

That's strange! Are you able to listen to the other songs on Holy Fire? 

Yes. I can listen the whole album, only this song is blocked

I'm going to run this by some other users from Portugal and see if it's not working for them as well.

@agl785 wrote:

Yes. I can listen the whole album, only this song is blocked

While I'm looking into this, please create a case by using the contact form, (1. Playing Music, 2. Specific Song(s) are Broken). Please note that you've had this looked into here on the community and Foals - My Number appears to be available according to the Web API, but it hasn't worked for you in some time. 

Suggested posts