Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track not available on onkyo

Solved!

Track not available on onkyo

HI

We are using Onkyo to play the music in our house, but often it says "Track not available" for a lot of tracks on our playlist?? Is that a common error??? (can't see anyone else asked about this??)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi all, I was having the same issue before, and I have found the fix: update the firmware of your onkyo receiver.

I updated the firmware to the latest version on my TR-626. Now, when I try to open spotify on the Onkyo app, it actually tells me to use the Spotify app instead. So I go to the spotify app, select the Onkyo Receiver under "Devices Available" at the bottom of the app. I am now able to play a track which didn't work before! 

This solution is even better, as the Onkyo app worked very slowly and clunky, and there was no random shuffle option. Now, it works incredibly smooth with the Spotify app, and I have shuffle play!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Do you have these tracks as local files by any chance?

HI.

I have no idea - how am I able to see that??

It doesn't look like it if I check the folder called "local files".

When I choose a CD to listen to, I copy all tracks to our playlist and it works on our computer, but not on the Onkyo...

Could you post a link to the playlist from your computer? 

Right click on the playlist name > copy spotify uri and paste it here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Jul

I hope this was the right way...

A lot of these tracks aren't available to me in the UK but it doesn't look as if any of those are local files. Can you just confirm that they all play on your other devices?

Hi

They work just fine on my computer 🙂 But we prefer using the onkyo so that we can hear the music in the entire house.

Same problem here.

Spotify support is sadly unable to solve the problem. bla bla bla.. did you try reinstallinng spotify on reciver is the best they came up with.

Onkyo support is aware of the issue, but i think it will be up to spotify to fix links or what ever they messed up.

This playlist works fine on pc but reciver only plays one track.
Burhan G – Burhan G

B.t.w. i have a video of issue here.
Onkyo issue

Hope to see a fix soon

I also have this problem, like the seemingly hundreds of other users.

I am a Premium member. Spotify works perfectly on my iMac, iphones, and other devices. However, on my Onkyo, I estimate around 65% of the tracks in my playlists do not play because of "track not availalbe".

It's a shame becuase I've invested a lot into a cool stereo system where I specifically sought Spotify compatability.

I'm not looking for a workaround, I'd like to know how I can work with Spotify support to fix this problem.

I have read that this may have to do with the "links" behind certain tracks. I can't understand why the links work on all my devices and no my home stereo.

Whatever the reason, we should expect Spotify to fix this technical issue so that all devices recognize links equally.

Any good advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Glad I found this thread, I thought I was going crazy! 

Just wanted to add that my Integra 80.3 preamp/processor also exhibits this. Makes sense as Onkyo and Integra are sister companies (Onkyo for consumers, Integra for installers). 

In my case I'd say 25% of the tracks don't play from a playlist. But if I search for the track, I can play it. Not sure if it's Onkyo/Integra's fault or Spotify's. Either way it's really annoying!

Same here...

Still no fix?

This is a complete joke this problem is what 4 years old and still no fix. What are those thecs doing. Sack the lot them and get some one in to fix this dam problem
Marked as solution

Hi all, I was having the same issue before, and I have found the fix: update the firmware of your onkyo receiver.

I updated the firmware to the latest version on my TR-626. Now, when I try to open spotify on the Onkyo app, it actually tells me to use the Spotify app instead. So I go to the spotify app, select the Onkyo Receiver under "Devices Available" at the bottom of the app. I am now able to play a track which didn't work before! 

This solution is even better, as the Onkyo app worked very slowly and clunky, and there was no random shuffle option. Now, it works incredibly smooth with the Spotify app, and I have shuffle play!

I am using an Onkyo TX-NR609 and have the same problem. I can play every track on my Android but not at home on the Onkyo. I have tried a firmware update but with no improvement. Can anyone help??

Suggested posts