Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks not playing/web player error

Solved!

Tracks not playing/web player error

I keep trying to play tracks on the open.spotify player on my chromebook, but none of them will play. On the bottom right corner, it says "you're listening on spotify web player." I am not using any other device. I tried changing my password, choosing sign out everywhere in the settings, and signing out and back in, but I still keep getting the same message. It's driving me crazy. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I've found a solution. 

I came across the same problem and didn't find much about it, which is endlessly irritating. You would think Spotify would be monitoring these posts and offering solutions... Regardless, here's a solution that worked for me:

Open Spotify Web Player on your desktop, then download the app on your phone. Have them both open at the same time, and this will allow you to switch the listening from your phone to your computer. I did this from my cellphone.

Not sure if it's a failed attempt at a remote access feature, or a way to get people not to listen to spotify on multiple devices that was just a little too successful. Either way, I hoped this helped.

Cheers,
Zak

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same here. Logged out, cleared browser cache, played Spotify on my phone instead, it doesn't change.

Came here looking for an answer as I'm having the same issue. Tried multiple browsers, clearing the cache and I'm writing this reply from the same computer so the internet is up. Hoping we can get an answer or update on this issue!

Quick update, on my way to Pandora as I'm having currently no issues with their player.

Saaaaaaame problem. 

I actually was able to fix mine when it had the same problem. All I did was press the right-click button (see picture below for what button I'm talking about) on my keyboard a bunch of times.

right-click-key.jpg

I am having the same problem - and I only use Spotify on one device!

Marked as solution

Hi, I've found a solution. 

I came across the same problem and didn't find much about it, which is endlessly irritating. You would think Spotify would be monitoring these posts and offering solutions... Regardless, here's a solution that worked for me:

Open Spotify Web Player on your desktop, then download the app on your phone. Have them both open at the same time, and this will allow you to switch the listening from your phone to your computer. I did this from my cellphone.

Not sure if it's a failed attempt at a remote access feature, or a way to get people not to listen to spotify on multiple devices that was just a little too successful. Either way, I hoped this helped.

Cheers,
Zak

Suggested posts