Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks skipping on PS4 (Premium so no ads)

Tracks skipping on PS4 (Premium so no ads)

Hello,

So I have Spotify on my PS4 which is great for the most part, but I've noticed that it doesn't like playing the length of every track on a playlist.  I pay for the full service so it isn't happening as a result of advertisements or anything.  It also doesn't happen on every track, but it is getting quite vexing.

Fault description:

When playing some tracks in a preconfigured playlist (by me or by Spotify) it will stop playing music mid track, go silent for about 5 seconds, then skip to the next track.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  I've searched the boards and can only see folks affected when they haven't got the full service.  

Any help would be great.

Kerry

7 Replies

I have this exact same issue.

The problem ONLY occurs when using my PS4.

I have tried:

Complete reinstall on my PC, Phone(galaxy s6) and PS4. Including removal of cache on PC.

Account settings: Log out everywhere

Account settings: Remove offline defices

Router settings: I have turned off QoS on my Asus router. 

My internet is more than ok to handle this, I have no issues fully streaming HD movies on netflix. Yet when I use spotify, It skips and jumps. Pauses then goes to the next song.

Hi, Spotify app on PS4 randomly stops playing a track while in the middle of it, and jumps to the next. There are many users with this problem, and no solution nor workaround (google "spotify ps4 skip"). Can you help? / Will you provide a new release of spotify on ps4 with a fix for this?

ok so this is an issue that has been going since 2015 and I haven't seen a fix yet.I have had premium for about 2 yrs now and this problem has only just started. So whats the go spotify just to recap Songs get half way through stop and start again, then when you manually go to move to the next song it skips forward 2,3,4 songs. I have found this only happens on ps4 even if connect through your phone (mine is an android). Disconnect from the ps4 and its all good also works fine on the pc. Any tips or is your lack of response to this thread an indicator that you guys dont know either??.

Could just be me, but I found that it was because of a weak Internet
connection and that ps4 is a bit more sensitive to it.

Cheers m8 I will check it out

I am having same here with add that sometimes it just repeat the playing song when it is about 10 sec to end.

Hi Kerry! I thing you might wanna go to settings. Because there is an option where you choose to do gap between songs for 5 or more seconds! 

Suggested posts