Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks starred in Roku app do not sync with desktop app

Tracks starred in Roku app do not sync with desktop app

Simply that. I can star a track while it's playing on my roku, but it will never show up on my starred list on the desktop or android versions of Spotify. This just started happening in the past few weeks. Worked fine at first.

11 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Can you try logging out and back into the Roku app and see if that makes any difference? Also try removing the app and adding it again if possible. 

Are you definitely sure you are signed into the same account on all of your devices, can you see all of your other playlists on the Roku?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, logging off and on again didn't work but uninstalling and reinstalling the app did. Thanks.

Spoke too soon. It's not working again as of today.

I'm having this problem as well on my Roku 3. I just installed the app today.

If possible, you might want to unmark this as resolved.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  It's vexing!

Hey guys 🙂 

If you star a track on another device, does it appear in Roku? 

Also, can you add tracks to another playlists via Roku? Do they appear on your other devices? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, it's working again today. I have no idea why -- nothing in the setup is different.

As to the questions posted above, yes, when I star a song on my desktop app it shows up in the starred list on roku, and if I add a song to a playlist on roku it shows up on the playlist on the desktop app. For whatever reason, the only thing that wasn't working was starring a song on the roku app and having it mirrored on the desktop. But, like I said, it's working again today. Perhaps it comes and goes.

It still doesn't work for me. I have a bit over 200 starred tracks currently, but they don't show up as starred on the Roku. I tried adding a track to a playlist and that did appear to work (the track showed up in the playlist on my computer).

I also have this problem with one of my premium accounts. I have a playlist that I have added more starred songs to and it still shows the playlist as it was a month ago. This is on two roku's(rokuxd roku3) in my home.  I tried logging in and out but not the removal of the app itself. Some playlists that are longer like 1756 tracks wont show at all.

Which desktop client are you using. There is a known bug with large playlists not synching on some clients. To get around this, copy the tracks into a new empty playlist in batches of no more than 300 tracks and the new playlist should show correctly.

Suggested posts