Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

"This content is not available in your country", podcasts don't even show up on the desktop app, the playlists are all empty. Great job guys, when his youtube videos will be gone by the end of year how are we going to watch JRE? Literally no alternative. This is just pathetic, you bought this deal and you can't even stream it in the countries where spotify is supported? Seriously, is this a joke? 

EDIT: Ok, so we have people from Ukraine, ruZZia, Saudi ArabiaBrazil, Kazakhstan, Egypt and Iran here complaining about the same thing. Gonna be fun seeing how many more people from other countries will join this thread so we can have some idea of the scale of this problem. 

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons. We know how this might be disappointing and reassure you that we constantly look for ways to provide as much content as possible to the broadest audience. 

We recommend keeping an eye over on our Newsroom, as we'll post any new updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any. You should also keep your app updated to the latest version to get all features and upgrades as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

99 Replies

I live in Saudi Arabia and I have the same issue. Can this be fixed?

its banned by spotify in Russia too. Spotify was big mistake for Rogan -now half of the world cant see his show.
People name your countries so we can know what countries has Rogan banned.

I knew this would happen right after he announced his deal with spotify, years he was talking about how it is important for podcasts to be free and as accessible as possible, youtube wasthe biggest platform for it, even though they censor stuff they were watching during podcasts, but i bet the same will be on spotify only this time they literally cut most of the audience off. So much for his words... and so much for spotify. 

Same for Russia. No podcasts.

How do you buy the biggest podcast in the world and then not make it available to, you know, the entire world? What were they thinking?

Same thing in Brazil...

What's the point of switching platforms and cutting the rest of the world out.

Those viewership numbers are going to drop dramatically. It's a shame since the podcast was a breath of fresh air in the middle of all this insane media being shoved into our faces...

I guess freedom of expression was a dream after all...

From what i heard - its not banned only in north america and main european countries

Same in Kazakhstan.

Shame on Spotify, I listen to ad everyday because subscription is more expensive than in Russia and they promote PODCASTS on that ad which are not even available in my country, lol.

This is my problem with streaming and digital content in general.
Tried to watch The Twilight Zone on Netflix the other day and whoops 🙂 "We can't seem to find the page, buddy. Too bad for you living in Russia."

Hi everybody. I'm from Russia and I have the same issue. When I first found out about Spotify becoming available in Russia and JRE moving to Spotify I thought to myself: 'Too good to be true'. It turned out exactly as I thought. Why do I need Spotify if a can't listen to my favourite podcast? What a shame

aloha,

I can confirm still not working in Ukraine.

Does anyone contact the Spotify support directly?

The JRE would be the only reason to buy premium, but worldwide is obviously not worldwide?

Or maybe its just marketing by Joe and Spotify?

Cheers

Marcel

From Egypt here, no podcasts at all.

if I can’t access JRE podcast, I’ll srsly consider switching to YouTube music.

Bad idea from rogan, now his content is more restricted and censored than ever.

Same issue in Iran!
I just found out about this!!!! Found this thread while trying to figure out a solution! Actually, I think here is the only place that is talking about this issue. I really hope it doesn't stay this way because it's quite disappointing!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons. We know how this might be disappointing and reassure you that we constantly look for ways to provide as much content as possible to the broadest audience. 

We recommend keeping an eye over on our Newsroom, as we'll post any new updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any. You should also keep your app updated to the latest version to get all features and upgrades as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Finally, some response. So you're basically saying that you don't have any solution any time soon. Alrighty.

Didn't expect anything else, same with their PS4 app that is not available in Ukraine no matter how many months i've been writing to their support about it the answers are always as stale, robotic and lifeless as possible, just the same as here. They bought the JRE for insane money, they own it now, they are officially supported in the countries we are talking in this thread... they are using THEIR OWN damn platform for streaming it... and SOMEHOW they are still not able to give us access to it, what a ****ng joke this whole corporate world is, literally one month left till we all lose access to JRE podcasts because he will delete his podcasts from his youtube channel so we will be left with literally nothing. What a Pathetic, Idiotic, Moronic, Gargantuan sized stupidity. The only solution would be to start using VPN like we going back to the stone age again... 

" literally one month left till we all lose access to JRE podcasts because he will delete his podcasts from his youtube channel so we will be left with literally nothing."

That's my main concern as well. I hope somebody will reupload all his stuff on Youtube and continue to do so with the new material. I guess I should start downloading my favourite episodes of JRE right now lol

You mentioned VPN, I tried to access JRE via VPN and end up with nothing. Weird.

i have same issue in russia too

+1 for Saudi Arabia. C'mon Spotify step up. I'm cancelling if there's no JRE

Suggested posts