Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

"This content is not available in your country", podcasts don't even show up on the desktop app, the playlists are all empty. Great job guys, when his youtube videos will be gone by the end of year how are we going to watch JRE? Literally no alternative. This is just pathetic, you bought this deal and you can't even stream it in the countries where spotify is supported? Seriously, is this a joke? 

EDIT: Ok, so we have people from Ukraine, ruZZia, Saudi ArabiaBrazil, Kazakhstan, Egypt and Iran here complaining about the same thing. Gonna be fun seeing how many more people from other countries will join this thread so we can have some idea of the scale of this problem. 

99 Replies

Iran , same issue 

Another interesting remark...

More than half of UFC victories were from brazilian fighters in 2020, and we can't even listen to the podcast of the most notorious comentator in MMA.

It's Nonsense.

The JRE podcast was available everywhere on youtube. How is it a licensing issue now that it's a spotify exclusive?

Please stop using the same response about "licensing and other reasons". This is YOUR content and some of it is available to us through other apps. Why is the whole feature of podcasts unavailable in our countries?

It's not just about one show, EVERYTHING is blocked.

It shouldn't be just an "idea" but maybe it'll help to get enough votes:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Podcasts-in-Egypt/idi-p/5053352

Actually, Mihail, this shines zero light, because thinking in advance about licensing issues, local restriction issues before signing any contracts, before this situations happens and cuts the number of Joe's audience would be the only thing making your brand look a bit smarter. In the meantime, people all around the world are gonna keep paying your salaries with their fees for not being able to get what they used to obtain for free, that's what it looks like to me now.

All previous content was made under different conditions. That is okay. Now, imagine, Joe's got a job in the office instead of being freelancer. All that's produced afterwards is the other product, will all the respective limitations. But that is how Joe's employer does the stupid thing, forcing him to work in a huge, but closed cage instead of large world arena - which actually means keeping tons of customers angry and dissatisfied, day by day.

I live in Sri Lanka and I'm having the same issue. It's so frustrating what Spotify did, I never found Spotify any interesting anyway.

I wish buddy sadly even VPN won't help with spotify i tried many options but spotify is tied to your how you pay for it not location... so even if you are in USA but pay with a ukrainian card you still won't have all the options that available to those in USA... so were are just stuck waiting

Hi all,

I opened my account while I was living in AUSTRALIA and I have not been a subscriber to Spotify premium since I moved to SRI LANKA 3 years ago. Till yesterday I was able to access the JRE but I had to hop on a VPN every now and then to keep my account active. But yesterday I found out that spotify was available for subscription locally and I made the mistake of subscribing. This may have changed the Geographic location of my account to SRI LANKA and I can now no longer access the JRE or most podcasts.

Pretty much all the people on here complaining are living in AUTHORITARIAN countries. This may be some type of deal that spotify had to make to be able to operate in these countries. Essentially CENSORSHIP.

I'm from Sri Lanka and have got premium after it become available here a few months ago,

But whenever I try to listen to a podcast (JRE) it just redirects me back to the home screen. Tried so many different ways. And everyone I talk to over here seems to be having the same problem.

• Is it some sort of licensing issue of podcasts to my country? Because the music works fine. 
    If it is, when can we expect it to be fully accessible?

Thanks!

Egypt (Population: 100 million btw)

You could try opening a new free account with a new email address using a VPN. As long as you don't attach a payment method, your location will be locked to your VPN server location. Make sure you try different servers coz spotify has a log of VPN server IP addresses, which is how they block VPNs at sign up. This worked for me. Good luck.

welcome to the corporate world

Hey, 

So, how long do we need to wait? 1 year, 5 years? Can you just say what's the problem? Licensing issues? Corporate? 

Thanks

I really believe that podcast bootleg will happen much faster than the actual podcast support.

Thank you, Spotify! Now I really can’t listen to many of my favorite podcasts, and I really aspire to find pirated ones, because Spotify does nothing for this.

Ukraine. Same thing. Waiting for podcasts right from Spotify launch in Ukraine.
Btw there are a lot of local podcast creators that would like to have a well known podcast platform to host their’s shows. But it seems Spotify is getting closer and closer to Deezer, and soon it became a horrible app with useless support.
Just let us answer, is there are at least any plans to provide podcasts to the rest of the world? What the priority for this feature? Have you created an issue for that? Does anyone from product team have seen this issue in the end?

I was patient and waited a long time, but canceled my subscription today. Joined only because of JRE.
#breakspotifywall

s. korea: no joe rogan on spotify 5/19/21

I'm a big fan, can't watch in Ukraine 😞

Suggested posts