Announcements

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons. We know how this might be disappointing and reassure you that we constantly look for ways to provide as much content as possible to the broadest audience. 

We recommend keeping an eye over on our Newsroom, as we'll post any new updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any. You should also keep your app updated to the latest version to get all features and upgrades as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Re: Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

DildoBangings
Visitor

Iran , same issue 

Re: Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

jrefanbrazil
Casual Listener

Another interesting remark...

More than half of UFC victories were from brazilian fighters in 2020, and we can't even listen to the podcast of the most notorious comentator in MMA.

It's Nonsense.

ibrahimg
The JRE podcast was available everywhere on youtube. How is it a licensing issue now that it's a spotify exclusive?

Manargamie
Regular

Please stop using the same response about "licensing and other reasons". This is YOUR content and some of it is available to us through other apps. Why is the whole feature of podcasts unavailable in our countries?

It's not just about one show, EVERYTHING is blocked.

Manargamie
Regular

It shouldn't be just an "idea" but maybe it'll help to get enough votes:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Podcasts-in-Egypt/idi-p/5053352

radionowave
Casual Listener

Actually, Mihail, this shines zero light, because thinking in advance about licensing issues, local restriction issues before signing any contracts, before this situations happens and cuts the number of Joe's audience would be the only thing making your brand look a bit smarter. In the meantime, people all around the world are gonna keep paying your salaries with their fees for not being able to get what they used to obtain for free, that's what it looks like to me now.

radionowave
Casual Listener

All previous content was made under different conditions. That is okay. Now, imagine, Joe's got a job in the office instead of being freelancer. All that's produced afterwards is the other product, will all the respective limitations. But that is how Joe's employer does the stupid thing, forcing him to work in a huge, but closed cage instead of large world arena - which actually means keeping tons of customers angry and dissatisfied, day by day.

SL_Zilla
Visitor
I live in Sri Lanka and I'm having the same issue. It's so frustrating what Spotify did, I never found Spotify any interesting anyway.

themaddestmike
Visitor
I wish buddy sadly even VPN won't help with spotify i tried many options but spotify is tied to your how you pay for it not location... so even if you are in USA but pay with a ukrainian card you still won't have all the options that available to those in USA... so were are just stuck waiting

mihirab
Casual Listener

Hi all,

I opened my account while I was living in AUSTRALIA and I have not been a subscriber to Spotify premium since I moved to SRI LANKA 3 years ago. Till yesterday I was able to access the JRE but I had to hop on a VPN every now and then to keep my account active. But yesterday I found out that spotify was available for subscription locally and I made the mistake of subscribing. This may have changed the Geographic location of my account to SRI LANKA and I can now no longer access the JRE or most podcasts.

Pretty much all the people on here complaining are living in AUTHORITARIAN countries. This may be some type of deal that spotify had to make to be able to operate in these countries. Essentially CENSORSHIP.

SUGGESTED POSTS