Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

"This content is not available in your country", podcasts don't even show up on the desktop app, the playlists are all empty. Great job guys, when his youtube videos will be gone by the end of year how are we going to watch JRE? Literally no alternative. This is just pathetic, you bought this deal and you can't even stream it in the countries where spotify is supported? Seriously, is this a joke? 

EDIT: Ok, so we have people from Ukraine, ruZZia, Saudi ArabiaBrazil, Kazakhstan, Egypt and Iran here complaining about the same thing. Gonna be fun seeing how many more people from other countries will join this thread so we can have some idea of the scale of this problem. 

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons. We know how this might be disappointing and reassure you that we constantly look for ways to provide as much content as possible to the broadest audience. 

We recommend keeping an eye over on our Newsroom, as we'll post any new updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any. You should also keep your app updated to the latest version to get all features and upgrades as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

99 Replies

We need podcast in Ukraine!!!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons.

Why licensing of Ukrainian podcast does not allow me listening it in Ukraine?

https://open.spotify.com/show/709Iu3K4wPPkixxJXDqYuc?si=27d9577bb9b64544

What I see instead of Ukrainian podcast
https://x0.at/q-qh.png

And what I should see
https://x0.at/hidh.png

Moderators, can you please be more specific what complications you have in Ukraine? We can start petition for president to help, or any other influence to support you opening podcasts for us.

any updates yet?

What is the reason to ban Ukraine?

MOLDOVA does not have access as well. I love the show and I know many other guys that are just confused regarding this issue. 

Ok, let's assume podcasts indeed have licensing issues.

Why can't I listen podcasts from Ukraine in Ukraine? Stop your BS!

The Joe Rogan Terrible Experience produced by Spotify. Can you give a clear explanation of the complications that podcast is missing in Ukraine? It's almost 2022 outside, more than a year when question was posted. SpaceX has built new space shuttles by this time, while you can't get some F.. licenses?!

Same problem in Republic of Moldova and not just Joe Rogan but all podcasts not working here. Big shame

Just found out about this... This should be known more widely, that spotify is a plattform that permits arists from reaching the community they do deserve (deserve by the quality of their own content). Actively blocking some artists from unfolding their potential to everybody who wants to engage with them is.... malpractice?

The same issue here, does VPN helps?

no, Spotify sees you are through vpn or proxy and blocks it, I even created a new account when I was traveling in Iceland, it worked there, but after I got back to Ukraine - it blocked podcasts

I bet when I accepted license agreement - podcasts were included there, but not shipped to me in Ukraine, so probably this also can be taken to court.

I'm from Cambodia and I can't watch the video podcast too. Please fix this. 

It's 2023. Venezuela can't listen to the JRE podcast

Spotify sucks! Nothing in Pakistan as well. Its been more than three years

Same in Bangladesh 

Hungarian here, no video podcasts for us either 

Same in Kyrgyzstan. No podcasts at all

Suggested posts