Announcements

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons. We know how this might be disappointing and reassure you that we constantly look for ways to provide as much content as possible to the broadest audience. 

We recommend keeping an eye over on our Newsroom, as we'll post any new updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any. You should also keep your app updated to the latest version to get all features and upgrades as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Podcasts don't work - Sri Lanka

Mayaan
Visitor

I'm from Sri Lanka and have got premium after it become available here a few months ago,

But whenever I try to listen to a podcast (JRE) it just redirects me back to the home screen. Tried so many different ways. And everyone I talk to over here seems to be having the same problem.

• Is it some sort of licensing issue of podcasts to my country? Because the music works fine. 
    If it is, when can we expect it to be fully accessible?

Thanks!

Re: Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

ahmadaa98
Visitor
Egypt (Population: 100 million btw)

Re: Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

mihirab
Casual Listener

You could try opening a new free account with a new email address using a VPN. As long as you don't attach a payment method, your location will be locked to your VPN server location. Make sure you try different servers coz spotify has a log of VPN server IP addresses, which is how they block VPNs at sign up. This worked for me. Good luck.

Re: Podcasts don't work - Sri Lanka

denisyaka
Casual Listener
welcome to the corporate world

ivansierhieiev
Visitor

Hey, 

So, how long do we need to wait? 1 year, 5 years? Can you just say what's the problem? Licensing issues? Corporate? 

Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS