Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with account

Solved!

Trouble with account

Having trouble logging into my ps4 account says I'm abroad when I'm not

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I did what you said, used my mobile device to play Spotify on my PlayStation. When I backed out on the PlayStation it asked me if I would like to log in or sign up. I signed in using my username and password. It then said that , again, login failed you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days. So my accounts are linked but it is not letting me play on the PlayStation even though I am a premium member. So I don't know.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi Diesel416,

Are you a premium subscriber? You should be in order to listen abroad as long as your subscription lasts. As a free member you can only listen to music in different countries than set in your profile for 14 days.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes I am and it won't allow me to access Spotify on my PS4

Are you using any kind of VPN in your network?

When you click here, what country is your account set to? Is it correct?

Do you recall having more than one account? 

BittencourtSpotify Star

I'm not using a vpn and no I was not using a different account, I was just using the free on on PlayStation.

Ok,

I guess I didn't understand what you mean by "using the free on Playstation".

Anyway, if you’re unable to log into Spotify on your PlayStation console with your correct Spotify username and password, try to log in on your mobile Spotify app. If that works, use Spotify Connect to play on the PlayStation®.

Why?

If you created your Spotify account with your Facebook username and password OR if your Spotify password includes special characters (those other than letters or numbers), there may be issues logging into Spotify directly on the PlayStation® console.

CAN I LOG IN USING MY FACEBOOK CREDENTIALS?

If you created your Spotify account through Facebook, you’ll need to log in to your mobile Spotify app and broadcast to your PS4™ or your PS3™ console through Spotify Connect. On your console, you’ll then be prompted to link accounts.

WHY DO I NEED TO LINK MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT TO MY ACCOUNT ON PLAYSTATION NETWORK?

Linking your accounts gives you the best experience across all devices. Wherever you log in to your account on PlayStation Network, you’ll also be logged into Spotify.

Let me know if it helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Marked as solution

So I did what you said, used my mobile device to play Spotify on my PlayStation. When I backed out on the PlayStation it asked me if I would like to log in or sign up. I signed in using my username and password. It then said that , again, login failed you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days. So my accounts are linked but it is not letting me play on the PlayStation even though I am a premium member. So I don't know.

Suggested posts