Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Troubles with invite spotify premium duo

Troubles with invite spotify premium duo

Okay so, me and my girlfriend have moved in together and we've succesfully changed our subscriptions to premium duo. but when my girlfriend tries to fill in the adress it goes to an error page. and for the record, yes we did check our country, and tried it on an incognito page but it still doesn't work. what should I do now?

Screenshot (6).png
3 Replies

Hey there @rickpeeters16

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Keep in mind we're currently investigating an Ongoing Issue similar to what you've experienced upon address verification attempt. Check out this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Spotify doesn't like Belgium.

We have a big problem here too!

I ordered Spotify Duo Premium today so that my wife can also use Spotify. I speak German and use the German language version of Spotify. My wife speaks French and uses the French version. We both live together in Belgium at the same address. Now my wife has tried to register at my invitation. She has entered the same address (in Brussels) as me. However, Spotify does not accept this and replies (in French): "Unfortunately, you can only use Spotify Duo Premium if you live together at the same address. However, you seem to live in another country". But this does not correspond to the facts. Both my wife and I live in Belgium and at the same address. We are very disappointed that this does not work. What shall we do?

Hey there @Andi007,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If your wife is seeing that error message when trying to join your Premium Duo plan, it means that your accounts are registered in different countries (this is regardless of the language set to your accounts). If you both live in Belgium, your accounts must be registered in Belgium so you can use the Premium Duo plan. You can find the steps to change an account's country settings here.

Once both account's country settings match, she'll be able to accept your invite to join your plan.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts