Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Air 2020

Operating System

Mac OS Catalina

My Question or Issue

So I'm trouble to troubleshoot my sound issues when using Spotify Connect and my HEOS Bar (Original version) with two HEOS 1 as surrounds.

I don't have issues with stuttering or connection as the song plays smoothly enough. My problem is the vocals are usually 'missing', like it's trying to play it in 5.1 when it's just a stereo track.

If i turn off surround in the HEOS options for the soundbar I get no sound at all. It's like it's got the soundbar and rears mixed up and thinks the rears are the front speakers.\

Wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen.

I've tried resetting the speakers and re-setting them up but didn't seem to help.

I've also contacted Denon just in case it's faulty.

2 Replies

Hey @explosivefruit,

Thanks for reaching out with this one to the Community!

Such connectivity issues are usually caused by some of the app files getting damaged for one reason or the other. A simple solution for this is to perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. They are more thorough than a regular one and make sure that no leftover files remain.

If afterwards the issue persists, could you let us know if it comes up when you Connect to your sound system via Amazon Alexa or Google assistant, if you have that option available?

It's also a good idea to reinstall the HEOS app on your phone and check if the settings there match your set up.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sounds like the HEOS app's implementation of Spotify Connect is rather buggy. If I choose to use my Roku stick plugged into the HEOS then I don't have any issues. I'll stick with that option for now.

Thanks anyways.

Suggested posts