Free

Country

US / KY

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I'm not spanish, and don't know/speak spanish. Therefor I do not wan't to listen to a spanish ad promoting spotify premium. I do not mind the ads, but whenever this ad is played "Move to Premium, Bust out moves" pink banner ad. I feel like punching my screen. If you want to gain premium members how about not failing so much and so hard.

I already uninstalled / reinstalled the spotify software. This promblem occured after spotify wouldnt except my CORRECT password, and i had to reset it.

5 Replies

I have the app on my iPhone 8+ and the Spanish ads just started showing up. It’s annoying! I don’t speak or understand Spanish- I don’t get it! I turn off the app and turn it back on to play my music. It’s a hassle, but it’s clear Spotify is forcing this without regard to the type of music on my  playlists.  

I'm getting ads in Spanish as well, and I'm all the way in New Zealand! The furthest away from any Spanish speaking nation! Fix this junk Spotify!

I agree this is so annoying. I’m in New Hampshire, where the hispanic population is next to nothing, so it’s clear that the Spotify ads in spanish are nothing more than spam with no correlation to demographics. Some people have suggested reinstalling the app, but that does nothing but cause loss of equalizer settings. At least Pandora customizes ads based on the listener’s zip code. 

Hey everyone, 

We've seen some reports on ads in Spanish on accounts not based in a Spanish speaking countries. If you're seeing this, make sure you:

• Reinstall the app
  • Are not connected to VPN
  • Restart your router
  • Change network connection

If that doesn't help, add a +Vote and let us know the following:

• Description of the ad (sound/visual) and what it seems to be about.
  • A timestamp of when the ad comes up.
  • Are you travelling right now?

All the best!

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while! As a result, we're going to move this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to open a new thread and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Suggested posts