Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two Amazon Alexa Speakers Named Wrong In Spotify App

Two Amazon Alexa Speakers Named Wrong In Spotify App

I have three amazon speakers named Kitchen, Living Room & Bedroom, plus a pairing of Living Room & Kitchen. These are listed correctly in my Alex App, however, in my Spotify app I have Bedroom and the Living Room & Kitchen pairing, and the other two are named AEORD? How can I correct this?

8 Replies

We just had the same problem with a new generation Echo, no solution yet.  AEORD, kind of freaked everyone out.  It is still named correctly in the Alexa app so it must be a Spotify Connect issue?

Yeah, I'm having the same issue myself. Name is correct in Alexa app, but in Spotify it's called "AEORD" and now won't connect to my other speakers through Multi-Room Music.

Strange...

Same problems! 

I had the same problem with 2 of mine.

Renamed in Alexa app then renamed back again fixed it for me.

Hope this helps

Worked a treat, thanks Simon. 👍

Worked! Thanks!

I've renamed mine twice now ... it comes back. This issue is super irritating! I am hoping it gets sorted, but obviously we don't know for sure where the issue is coming from. Spotify would seem to be the culprit, but it could be something to do with Amazon not delivering the details correctly to the Spotify app.

I finally had time to chat with support about this issue. Renaming the speakers didn't work for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify app on my phone and laptop also didn't work. 

What finally worked was unplugging all of my Echo speakers form power, turning off wifi on my phone and laptop, resetting my router, and then turning everything back on. Knowing that would have saved me a lot of time and futile attempts, so I hope it helps!

Suggested posts