Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two Different Bands, Same Name

Two Different Bands, Same Name

The band Night Moves has released one album, Colored Emotions. However there is another band called night moves that has released several albums. When I want to listen to Colored Emotions on my android with spotify free I don't mind shuffling the album or listening to suggested tracks. However it bothers me when the other night moves begins playing because they are a completely different type of band in a completely different genre. I was wondering if anything could be done about this and if they could be separated?

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can report errors like this by following the steps in this link.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

This issue is rooted a little deeper than just multiple artists on the same page. Spotify currently does not have a way in the clients to separate artists with the same name automatically, meaning anytime this happens the artists get merged onto a single page. There is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Identical problem exists with the artist name ANTAEUS

There is the Chill Electronica artist Alexx Antaeus https://soundcloud.com/alexx_antaeus , as well as the French Death Metal band. Totally different genres of music.

Another case is Pacific Link ... 2 projects with the same name, 1 is Trance, the other Electronica.

another one...Superstar

On one hand a 90s Indie pop band from Glasgow, on the other a Luther Vandross covers band, and many more. including one group from Thailand!

Another is SHAKA. 

Shaka the Punk/Reggae band from Dallas,Texas release the following:

Shaka - The Big Twist

Shaka - Supply and Command

with the singles:

Shaka - Liar 

Shaka - One Regret

the rest are the hip-hop artist Shaka from France.

Please fix this. Thanks.

Suggested posts