Unable to connect to sportify through Sonos

Solved!

Unable to connect to sportify through Sonos

lankini
Regular

Hi!
I purchased and installed a sonos play:3 this friday (November 1st). I have used it to listen to Spotify without any (major) problems. However, last night it stopped working.

It wasn't able to conenct to Spotify all of a sudden. I tried a "re-authorization" which didn't work so I removed spotify from the sonos app. Now I can't re-connect. In fact, I am not even brought to the page where I'm supposed to login, I just get an error message prompting me to contact Spotify if the problem remains (which it does).

Spotify works on my Ipad and other devices, just not through Sonos. Sonos works with other online services (eg. Napster Rhapsody) through the Ipad.

So, in essence: no problem with Spotify, no problem with Sonos, no problem with the Ipad. Everything is connected to the same network. It just won't play together. What should I do?

Thank you!
Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

lankini
Regular

I called Sonos customer support and got great help over the phone. Don't know what the problem acctually was (wasn't related to that whole Facebook login thing everybody is talking about) but they solved it through remote controlling my PC. So now I'm as happy as ever!

For others who have the same problem (or other problems for that matter) I really must advise you to call their help line. Their opening hours are not the best but the level of knowledgeability and service is great. They do charge a premium for their products and I'm happy to say that the customer service is up to par.

All the best,

Martin

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Solution!

lankini
Regular

I called Sonos customer support and got great help over the phone. Don't know what the problem acctually was (wasn't related to that whole Facebook login thing everybody is talking about) but they solved it through remote controlling my PC. So now I'm as happy as ever!

For others who have the same problem (or other problems for that matter) I really must advise you to call their help line. Their opening hours are not the best but the level of knowledgeability and service is great. They do charge a premium for their products and I'm happy to say that the customer service is up to par.

All the best,

Martin

View solution in original post

Torsb
Hi, I've just bought the sonos system and have been really happy with everything, but today I moved a speaker and now I can't connect to spotify!
It kept saying that it couldn't connect.
I removed the app and tried to reinstall but all I get is
ERROR
Device linking has failed...
Please how did customer support help you, I don't have a PC only a phone and iPad .

isspotifyrubbis

Martin,

You don't have an incident number I could relay to them do you? I have the same problem and after speaking to 2 seperate people at Sonos and spending 1.5 hours on the phone it is still not fixed. Napster and RDIO work fine just not spotify so I am going to have to close my spotify account if this can't be fixed.

@lankini wrote:

All the best,

Martin

Portstephens

Did you get the incident number, i have same problem and rather not start from scratch. Thanks

Apricale
Casual Listener

Martin, do you have any more info from Sonos on how this was solved. I have been without Spotify for over 2 months on Sonos. Sonos support has taken control of my system 3 times in that period, and tbey don't know how to solve it. It is not the fault of Spotify, but I am getting zero use just now, so I will have to cancell.

lankini
Regular

Hi Apricale,

Sonos customer service help me out. Great guys, over there. They accessed my computer and solved the problem. The problem wasn't at my end, but they did something. The problem was solved and has not re-appearded since - I couldn't be happier with it! Good luck, I really hope things work out for you as well!!

Cheers,

Martin

roggie

Hello,

At this moment i can not connect spotify with sonos. It worked fine but 2 hours ago it disconnected. I have deleted the connection and try to reconnect. Unfortunaly it's says to contact spotify.

Please help

Rogier Verhoeff

Gebruikersnaam:

Joe
Community Legend

Thanks for posting back and good to know they got you up and running 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS