Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Unable to connect to sportify through Sonos

Solved!

Re: Unable to connect to sportify through Sonos

Torsb
Hi, I've just bought the sonos system and have been really happy with everything, but today I moved a speaker and now I can't connect to spotify!
It kept saying that it couldn't connect.
I removed the app and tried to reinstall but all I get is
ERROR
Device linking has failed...
Please how did customer support help you, I don't have a PC only a phone and iPad .

roggie

Hello,

At this moment i can not connect spotify with sonos. It worked fine but 2 hours ago it disconnected. I have deleted the connection and try to reconnect. Unfortunaly it's says to contact spotify.

Please help

Rogier Verhoeff

Gebruikersnaam:

terriers123
Hello, I'm having the same problem. Spotify will not connect through my two sonos systems.

Peter__
Community Legend

Sonos tweeted to say they are aware of the issue and working on it:

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Apricale
Casual Listener

Martin, do you have any more info from Sonos on how this was solved. I have been without Spotify for over 2 months on Sonos. Sonos support has taken control of my system 3 times in that period, and tbey don't know how to solve it. It is not the fault of Spotify, but I am getting zero use just now, so I will have to cancell.

lankini
Regular

Hi Apricale,

Sonos customer service help me out. Great guys, over there. They accessed my computer and solved the problem. The problem wasn't at my end, but they did something. The problem was solved and has not re-appearded since - I couldn't be happier with it! Good luck, I really hope things work out for you as well!!

Cheers,

Martin

ezeweb

thanks for the link - unfortuantely sonos says not authorized to view the content - so useless info - this is 2015 and still no progress - SONOS get your act together already

ARB70SOK
I frequently have this problem with Sonos failing to connect. Would value any concrete information on exact cause of problem & how to resolve.

Minos8
I had a power failure yesterday since I cant play Spotify on my Sonos. I have deleted and rebuild the connection with success. But it fails to play a song on sonos.
On Spotify it works...
Please help. For me it is useless without Spotify.

I was not able to connect to spotify through Sonos as it wouldn't recognise my credentials, even though I could go to the Spotify website and sign in there.  I couldn't figure what was going on as the "sign in with facebook" was not appearing.

Eventually realised that my iphone had BlockBear running, which blocked the facebook 'button' from appearing.  After switching that off, it all worked like it should have!

So if anyone is trying through ipad, or iphone and has any ad-blocking app installed and you can't sign in to spotify on Sonos, try disabling it for a bit.

Every little helps!

SUGGESTED POSTS