Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android

Lyrics are forced at the bottom of the new Spotify layout and toggling the "Behind the Lyrics" checkbox in the settings does absolutely nothing.

Maybe if you could add a checkbox that says "please stop showing me lyrics I am here to listen to music not read"-- just a thought.

Not to mention the new design with the thing half off the screen drives me nuts. Who decided this was a good idea? "Hey guys what if we hang a feature no one wants off the bottom of the screen" - Spotify Design Team

Ugh.

20190314_101310.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @joeywashere.

Just got an update from the internal teams, who confirmed that being unable to disable Behind the Lyrics is currently expected behaviour, so that even if you disable it from Settings, you shouldn't see any changes. The option to toggle BtL in Settings should be removed from the app in the near future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

If you are experiencing this issue, make sure to click on +VOTE and to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Could you also confirm that Behind The Lyrics is appearing at the bottom of the Now Playing View, just like in the screenshot sent by the original poster?

Once we have that info, we can pass it on to our tech team so that they can investigate further.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey @joeywashere.

Just got an update from the internal teams, who confirmed that being unable to disable Behind the Lyrics is currently expected behaviour, so that even if you disable it from Settings, you shouldn't see any changes. The option to toggle BtL in Settings should be removed from the app in the near future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

Suggested posts