Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play file type on Squeezebox Duet

Solved!

Unable to play file type on Squeezebox Duet

I am unable to stream any tracks from Spotify using my squeezebox duet - the message "unable to play file type" appears followed by a list of tracks. Nothing will play at all. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have exactly the same problem on my Squeezebox Duet..

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

I have exactly the same problem on my Squeezebox Duet..

Same for me too.

I hope they fix it soon, or its just a waist of money.

Perhaps Wimp works better??

There won't be fixed anything, because only radio and touch are supported by logitech. I don't know why!

same problem here. Will there be no update to duett? This is the only reason for me to switch from simfy to spotify

Seems that Spotify doesn't work on Squeezebox Duet (only Radio + Boom).

So Spotify doesn't meet my requirements.

The same goes for me. I have a squeezebox boom, radio and duet.

I will continue to use npster...

I'm using Spotify on my receiver (duet) without any problems. You just need to install Triode's 3rd party Spotify plugin onto your Squeezebox server and use that instead of using the official Spotify app.

same problem.  How do I install Triode's 3rd party Spotify plugin onto your Squeezebox server?  I have a mac.  

Up until a few days ago I was able to stream Spotify to my Logitech Duet and Boom using Triode's 3rd. party app., however, I can't the updated(?) version to work. Triode says I need to check my firewall settings but I'm no computer expert so I need help. Shame as I had no problem with the previous version.

I was able to get sporify to work with triodes 3rd party software enabling on my squeezebox. At least it was working a week ago I should say. it really is ashame spotify's customer service is not more usefull. They actually told me over the phone sporify has not and will not work on squeezebox for months now. They could not answer any of my questions about triodes third party software. Frustrating.

Well...tried it as followed. Use the latest Logitech Media server (7.7.2), installed the triod plugin (v. 2.2.8)  and deselected the official logitech spotify plugin. Filled in the right username and password, the test went ok but I stll get the message "unable to play file type...'   Help!!!!

It's been a while but I kind of remember intermittently I was having problems again with it not working. Try rebooting both the squeezebox and your computer server. Also try using your computer as the server instead of mysqueezebox.com or vice versa. I remember i could get one to work and not the other.

Stopped this morning very frustrated, and when I tried an hour ago it worked...!!!!

yep, use pc and not mysqueezebox.com.

so how do you do that?

Suggested posts