Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign out of Tesla

Unable to sign out of Tesla

I rented a Tesla Model 3 for a week on vacation last year, and had linked my Spotify account without signing out. Ever since then, other renters periodically try to use my Spotify account (which is still linked to the Tesla). I've tried the following without success:

• Signout everywhere (doesn't seem to work since it's a partner device?) 
  • Changed my password 
  • "Forget device" whenever my music streaming switches to the Tesla - but it keeps coming back  
  • I've looked through the Tesla Model 3 manufacturing guide, and it doesn't mention how to UNLINK an account, just how to set it up
  • I'm also not in contact with the original owner of the car

How can I remotely get this Tesla to stop having access to my Spotify account? Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Device

Tesla Model 3

30 Replies

Hi there @orangefreezie,

Welcome to the Community!

In this case, we'd suggest that you reach out to our Support team. They'll be happy to assist you further with manually logging your account from all devices if possible.

Hope you find this information useful. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You can logout by going to spotify.com → login with your credentials → select "apps" → Tesla Media player → remove access.

Same happens to me. I removed the app but it appears again whenever someone uses Spotify in the car (not mine!). Any idea? 

Hey @gunbra32,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

We suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.

Hope it gest sorted out soon. We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have tried this as well, removing access to the Tesla, and then out of the blue someone is once again using my spotify account from the same Tesla. When I go back into the list of authorized apps, it's showing back up there again.

Hey @DubbulDee,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, we suggest you contact our folks from Customer Support with the link that @CarlosE shared, they will be able to look at your account and assist you with it. 

Cheers. 

MafeGModerator

That helps but is only the first step.
I had the same thing happen to me and after spending ~20 mins with a support rep I finally doom scrolled to the bottom of the Home Screen and found a “sign out” link/button on the bottom right. 
I would also recommend removing the app access from your account (as listed above). 

Hope this helps save you the 20 mins on chat getting inaccurate information. 

I contacted Spotify support and pointed them to this page. They said they cannot disconnect the Tesla and that I can contact Tesla support to see if they can help. You gotta be kidding me!

Hello everyone,

Sincere apologies about the confusion here. We thought the support team will be able to assist, but we've received new information that indeed, they aren't able to sign accounts out that are logged into a Tesla, as our team doesn't have access to Tesla's backend systems. So indeed the best course of action would be to check with Tesla if they can help with that.

Hope this clear things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

I have the same problem.  I have to call Tesla for a Spotify access issue?   Even if they have the login cached on their systems, there has to be better control over that in Spotify.   Has there been any other idea on how to get this addressed!?  As there are more cars and devices added to the ecosystem, this has to be fixed asap!  

It gets added back automatically.  I have the exact same issue and remove access three times per day.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We understand that this can feel frustrating but as mentioned above - our team doesn't have access to Tesla's backend systems so the best would be for you to contact them and see if they can help directly from their end.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Tesla has no options to resolve this. You need to come up with a workaround to remove access to devices that store the login info. Otherwise, you are violating your own privacy policy.

Hey in Tesla go to Spotify and on main Manu start scrolling all the way down like 7pages there is sign out!  Worked for me no issue

Hi Jeremy, I have a family premium account with 4 members. I logged in to my Tesla model X two years ago when I bought it After one year I sold my Tesla (to get a Range Rover). I forgot to log out from the account in the Tesla and I am have a music conflict on my account since then. Today when listning to music suddenly completly differnt music came up from my previous Tesla. I don´t understand how to logg out that account? Do I really need to close my account down to open up a new account that doesn´t seem to be resonable. Whats the work around I need to do?

I’ve had my Spotify account for 10+ years and I can’t believe this is why I’m going to have to cancel it

As a software engineer, I have to say this is a ridiculous way to engineer your system. I can see devices that I have provided access to my spotify account, but Tesla doesn't show up in thatost, so I can't revoke access.

Is the answer to cancel my spotify account and use another service?

I rented a Tesla, looks like that rental now has access to MY spotify account. How am I supposed to track down that car? 

It even stops playing spotify in my owncar because it says the service is being used on another device. 

I think cancelling spotify must be the only way! 

This is not an answer that you should be giving. If you are saying that Spotify has given the Tesla network unfettered access and cannot disconnect an account, then you have a serious security issue.  The "Remove Access" button in the Manage Apps section should do just that.  

Has anyone found a solution to this other than deleting the account?

Suggested posts