Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Undeletable Facebook Activity

Solved!

Undeletable Facebook Activity

I have been scrubbing my Facebook profile clean by deleting all of my activity, but I can't seem to delete old Spotify activity from around 2012 and before. Is this an issue on Facebook's or Spotify's end?

I just want to #DeleteFacebook and regain control over my data.

Spotify Undeletable.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, that's a bummer. =/ I wonder if there's just a glitch in that year or the Facebook feed and unfortunately can't confirm. I'm assuming this would be more a bug on their timeline feature rather than Spotify directly, but could be wrong. I know they discontinued the link between Spotify and Facebook publishing only around a year ago so I don't know if that would have something to do with it too.
Wish I could be more helpful!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @AceFO and welcome to the community! 🙂

I can't confirm myself that 2012 data is deletable since I was using SoundHound at the time, but I am able to delete anything in 2013 and beyond that Spotify logged.
When you click the pencil icon on the right side does it not give you the drop down option to delete the posting?

Capture.PNG

It does give me the option for "Delete" and "Report/Mark as **bleep**" and depending on whether or not I currently have my Spotify linked or not, it also shows "Remove Spotify".

I have of course tried both manually and via the use of scripts tried to delete all my Spotify activity (some of which has worked), but there is always either an error or it just doesn't respond to my request at all. This seems specific to activity/posts around 2012 and earlier.

And thanks for the quick reply and welcoming spirit 🙂

Marked as solution

Ah, that's a bummer. =/ I wonder if there's just a glitch in that year or the Facebook feed and unfortunately can't confirm. I'm assuming this would be more a bug on their timeline feature rather than Spotify directly, but could be wrong. I know they discontinued the link between Spotify and Facebook publishing only around a year ago so I don't know if that would have something to do with it too.
Wish I could be more helpful!

Suggested posts