Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unfortunately DRM is not enabled

Unfortunately DRM is not enabled

I added Chromium today, the last version of it just to see if the Oooops issue has been fixed... i get "Unfortunately DRM is not enabled" and i do what Spotify Help Center says... the option was enabled by default, i restarted, cleared cache etc. but keep getting the same message... duh...

45 Replies

Same for me with Chromium Portable.

Version 58.0.3029.6 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yup, I get the same issue.

elementary OS Loki, Chrome version 58.0.3029.110

Same, Chromium version 58.0.3029.96, running on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit)

Ditto - this is incredibly annoying and frustrating - Spotify are punishing paying users.

Me too.

I'm on Manjaro Linux with Chromium 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit).

When does someone fixes this?

I have the same problem on Chromium 58.0.3029.110 built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit).

I have DRM enabled so there's no reason at all for this message to be displayed and stopping me from using Spotify.

Running Antergos: Chromium (58.0.3029.110). Having the same issue.

I am also impacted by this 

Chromium 58 on Ubuntu Linux

Same problem, Debian 64bit, Opera 42.0.2393.351 .

Same for me in Chromium. Probably the DRM is proprietary and therefore not in the open source version of Chrome. Google-chrome proper works without issues.

Tbh DRM reduces the usability which is the only benefit spotify would has over pirating music. Which is exactly what DRM is trying to avoid.

How about no DRM?

Same problem with Chromium and Firefox (last update). 

Works barely with Seamonkey (not update) and the old web player (play.spotify.com). But lose connection after few minutes.

Same problem on Ubuntu. Spotify is no longer working for me. Have enabled protected content as per the instructions and still cannot get past this message.

Same problem. Antergos and Chromium 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

You need to install widewine to make it work. On Arch based distroes it's chromium-widevine from the AUR.

On Ubuntu the way to do this is to install Chrome and then link or copy the widevine object file so that Chromium can pick it up. This is the case with my install but still the issue persists.

I can't seem to be able to install this package. It gives me an error that
says something like the can't lock the databse or the database is lock.

I resolved the database issue

I have the same problem - both in Firefox 51.01 and Chromium 58 on an otherwise vanilla ubuntu 16.04.

Did anybody find a solution?

@henrik242 wrote:

I have the same problem - both in Firefox 51.01 and Chromium 58 on an otherwise vanilla ubuntu 16.04.

Did anybody find a solution?

Yes, for Chrome you need to install: widewine plugin

Just like kukrimate states:

> On Arch based distroes it's chromium-widevine from the AUR.

Suggested posts