Country

CZE

Device

Honor 6A

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi guys,

I am facing some strange behavior on my spotify. Behavior differes a little bit on my mobile and in windows 10 apps.

I don't know if these issues are related but  I think so so I tell them all here.

1st - Issue is that I see unknow WebPlayer devices (this is same on Mobile and Windows 10) - I must say I don't use Web player at all thus it is strange.

2nd - I start to listening to my playlist stored at my account but after some time (sometimes it is hour another day it is 8 hours and sometimes it is 20minutes it is random) it stops song in teh middle for example and another playlist is started - playlist not in my account at all; Not even closely related to my style of music I listen this is pretty annoying - again same on Mobile and desktop

3rd - When point 2 happens on mobile only and I start my playlist again every song play about 1 minute and 15s approximately - sometimes it is less sometimes more again random - and then next song is played.

Tries: restarting app - no help - did not try restart device

I have totally no clue what happens it starts behave strange about month ago.

From what I know I don't have my spotify account connected to facebook - I found topic with similar problem to my but solution there was not helpfull unfortunately (Similar topic).

Hope this helps you to find a solution.

Thanks a lot it is really annoying strange behavior.

Peter

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BogCZE

That's something Spotify's support team might be able to help you with. You'll find instructions on how to contact Spotify in the article here, or you can use Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or Facebook (SpotifyCares) to get in contact with them 🙂

I hope you'll get this sorted very soon!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @BogCZE

It does sound like your account is being used by someone else.

While you already tried the Solution in that thread you looked into, I recommend you try that again:

1. Follow the steps in this article;

2. Change the password to your email account that you're using for Spotify

3. Make sure the passwords you're using are strong (at least 8 digits with numbers, big and small letters and symbols).

You can also take a look at the apps you have connected to Spotify. If you find something that's not Spotify's own, or something you're using (like last.fm or Discord), remove its access. If you're uncertain, feel free to ask. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Hi @Sebasty,

I Will try that but I don't think it helps cause I have control over connected devices and apps to my google account because I have 2-factor authentication and I am not logging on foreign devices except my own.

But I wil try to change my passwords and we will see if it helps.

Thanks a lot.

Well man,

I always give Mark as solution if it is truly a solution. Unfortunately this is not the case.

I just changed all my passwords (google even spotify) log out spotify on all devices and relogged with new pasword but right after I log on new device appeared and spotify started to play on this device (again WebPlayer) some odd music again.

It starts to be frustrating. I want to listen music I want not spotify force me to listen.

I started to pay family subscription to get rid of this instead I am forced again listening some odd music I don't like just because there is some kind of bug - security issues are not the reason because I changed all my passwords and relogged all my devices.

So is there something else I can do to rule the spotify instead of spotify rules me?

When I get real solution I will mark your true answer as solution I swear. 🙂

Thanks a lot.

@BogCZE

If I understand this correctly, you've been having this problem before you subscribed to Family Premium?

Premium for Family is for up to 6 accounts (each member has their own account). You can read more about this plan in that article. 🙂

You should follow the steps in this article (the point 2, contacting Spotify).

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

No I didn't have this problems before.

I sum it up now:

• About year ago I step into family account
  • My problems appeared about month maybe 2 months ago
  • I have my account secured and NOT stolen - spotify nor google
  • I checked devices and apps on my google account - nothing strange or unknown devices/apps associated to my acc
  • I tried to solve my problems by changing google and spotify passwords - did NOT help at all
  • After changing passwords I used Log out everywhere option on spotify website - problem still appear
  •  I tried to reinstall spotify apps on my computers and mobile/tablet - problem still appear

So now I have no other options how to solve my problems.

Problems in points:

• Spotify starts to play foreign playlist (this foreign playlist is not added into my playlist library it just starts to play for unknown reason)
  • Mostly this playlist starts to play on new device (WebPlayer) which is definitely not my device because I don't use Web player at all
  • Currently playing song is ended in the middle by this foreign playlist - it means the problem is NOT that my playlist ends so spotify starts to play some random playlist

So I am out of ideas what could I try and I still think problem is with application not with some stolen accounts or something like this.

Hope this sumarization will help you better understand what I try to solve.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey @BogCZE

That's something Spotify's support team might be able to help you with. You'll find instructions on how to contact Spotify in the article here, or you can use Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or Facebook (SpotifyCares) to get in contact with them 🙂

I hope you'll get this sorted very soon!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts