Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlimited account being punctuated with ads

Unlimited account being punctuated with ads

Listening to Spotify through the web-player with my Unlimited account, as I have done for years, but this week I've started getting ads in-between songs. How can I rectify this?

5 Replies

Hey @citizenmeh! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried to use a different browser or the incognito mode to see if that happens there too?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Same here for the last month or so. The issue happens with Firefox and Chrome in both Linux (LXLE) and Windows 7 that I use. No browser cache clear helps. Also updated the browsers to newer versions. No help.

Only way for me now to play songs add free is to use the Spotify Windows desktop client. 

Indeed this is not cool. I've been unlimited subscriber for six years, happily, until recently. So please fix this browser add issue asap.

I tried also with the incognito mode. The issue persist.

If it helps the investigation, the adds don't start right away. It takes usually 5-6 songs add free after the commercials kick in. After which they come more regularly.

Same problem here. My account is also Unlimited, specifically. I started getting ads about Spotify deals a few days ago, and it just happened again a few minutes ago. Using the web player on Firefox.

Hey @container_2000@citizenmeh and @NicceM,

If you have an Unlimited subscription, you'll be able to enjoy Spotify ad-free on the desktop client only. For ad-free listening on mobile devices and in the webplayer, try Premium. You'll also be able to stream in a higher quality 🙂 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts