Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unrecognized device showing up. Amazon FireTV.

Unrecognized device showing up. Amazon FireTV.

Hey there. I noticed an unrecognized device showing up on my "Devices" tab. There is an Amazon FireTV. I only use my account on my PC, Samsung phone, and Playstation 4. I have a family account, and they have a few other devices, but none are a FireTV.

I tried the "Log Out Everywhere" option, and, because I log in with Facebook credentials, I changed my Facebook password. When I relog, the FireTV still shows up.

Relatedly, is there a way to convert my account from logging in via Facebook to using a spotify ID and Password?

2 Replies

I have the same issue.

This same issue was driving me crazy, but I finally figured out what it was for me.

There is a setting in my router for IPTV (It's basically for watching TV over the internet, although I've never used the feature) and when I disabled it (went into the IP TV settings on my router and set IGMP Proxy to "Disable") Amazon Fire TV stopped showing up in Spotify as a device.

This post is a little old now but it shows up when searching the issue, so I figured I'd leave the probable answer here for anyone else.

Suggested posts