Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unstaring a song is not updated in offline Starred playlist

Unstaring a song is not updated in offline Starred playlist

Hi,

This is my first message in this forums so be gentle :).

I recently update to Premium subscription because I loved the idea of having my favorite music automatically sync between devices. My mobile device is a Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8. So what the issue I am facing:

• I made my Starred playlist to be available offline. Which is all fine.
  • When I add new songs to the playlist they are automatically made available offline once I am connected to Wifi. So far so good.
  • Unfortunately when I remove a song from that playlist (Unstar a song), that song is not removed from the made available playlist that is on my Windows Phone device. And I do not see a manual sync option in the application. The sync state in the settings states "done".

Is this an expected behavior, a bug or I am missing something. If this is expected then could you give me some advice on how to keep my playlists up to date since that is the only reason for my Premium subscription. Without being able to keep my offline playlists up to date spotifuggle for me on mobile is pointless.

Thanks.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post
6 Replies

Sounds like this might be a bug, does it happen with other playlists too?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Other playlists sync ok.

I tested the issue again and here is what happened:

• Added a new song by starting it on the desktop application
  • Opened Spotify on my WP
  • The new song synced
  • Then I closed the application
  • Removed the stared song from the desktop application
  • Opened the WP application and the song synced correctly.

But it looks like there is an issue with one song because the started (favorite) playlist on my desktop shows it has 256 songs and the WP application offline stared playlist says it has 257. As it look like one song is corrupted somehow how can I delete the offline downloaded songs on my WP and then redownload them. Flipping the "Available offline" switch does not actually delete the songs.

How do I clean my phone of the available offline stuff?

Thanks.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Deleting the whole Spotify app and then reinstalling from the app store should do it.

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. I did it and the Stared playlist now lists the correct count. As the WP application is quite old I guess it has its issues.

Lets hope for a great update when it comes somewhere in the summer.

Thanks.

Good news is, updates are coming before summer. 😉 

http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter

Indeed good news, this was the reason I became Premium subscriber. Unfortunately the II looks like an exact port from Android which is disappointing but still better than what we have now on WP.

Thanks for all the help.

Suggested posts