Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unusable on Sonos

Solved!

Unusable on Sonos

Seriously? First you mess up the mobile app, now I can't get through more than a track or 2 on Sonos without it stopping part way through, "The connection to Spotify was lost."

Remind me again why I ditched Napster? Time to go back. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please see my post one above yours - the Spotify service through Sonos is run by Sonos and any issue with it is likely down to either them or something on your network. If you log a report with them they can confirm and they are awesome customer service that can diagnose issues once you send them the logs they ask for
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

18 Replies

You should log this through the Sonos forums, or maybe raise a ticket with them. It's their service anyway, but also their support is far and away better than Spotify's - when I had issues like this one back when the Spotify service on Sonos was launched I got immediate help from a dedicated rep who was very helpful and stayed with me until he was sure it was sorted. They'll probably ask you for logs (which they can tell you how to submit) and be able to trace the issue through that.
----------------

Hi Folks,

Spotify (in the UK) has started, in the last couple of months, to cut out mid-song when streamed through my Sonos system. Sometimes it seems to skip one of more tracks, other times it just wont play a song at all. So annoying especially as this is the so called Premium service! I have a fast cable broadband and good router but no clear solution from either Sonos or Spotify...are they talking to each other? It all worked great when I first signed up....

Marked as solution

Please see my post one above yours - the Spotify service through Sonos is run by Sonos and any issue with it is likely down to either them or something on your network. If you log a report with them they can confirm and they are awesome customer service that can diagnose issues once you send them the logs they ask for
----------------

All ready done so will await a response from Sonos, thank you!

I regularly have the same issue as reported here: Spotify proves to be unstable using SONOS. Logging in and out, does not seem to help.

It can work a whole day, without problem, and - like this evening - totally unusable.

I have sent a mail to the SONOS-support team...Hope they sort this out, cause this is very frustrating.

(user from Belgium, premium account)

Same here Erwin, also from Belgium. Problem is not sonos imo. Deezer, Radia etc work perfecly

I will send a mail to support also

Let us keep in touch...I am seriosuly thinking also to add DEEZER to my Sonos...

This morning everything works fine again, at least until now Erwin

Same here. Everything works again

I have the same problems. First few weeks on Sonus perfect now I can hardly use spotify withou an issue. Even my Playlists vanished contacted Sonus and nothing positive coming back form them. Love my sonus only when it works!

I have contacted SONOS support team. What you need to do is, when the error shows up, to send them the log file.

They will give you the procedure how to do it.

I think the fact of contacting the support team is in itself already an important message to keep them 'warm' for the problem some users experience...

erwin

Had lots of issues of Spotify not working with Sonos. I stopped with Spotify and switched to Deezer which works perfect with Sonos. Great features, works well, same price.

Have the same thing in mind.

Is it a problem to stop a subscription to Spotify?

Had the same freaking problem "unable to connect to spotify" - switched to Wimp and it works perfect!

Good bye Spotify! 

WiMP is not available here in Belgium, but DEEZER is...

I am on the balance to give up Spotify in favour of DEEZER. I had too many problems with Spotify lately...

Same here in germany. It worked during the last weeks. However, last weekend no Spotify. And this week, it is getting friday evening AND: no music. Thanks spotify. Please fix it.

Searching through sonos is again impossible in Spotify...Belgium

Same problem here. Will try to contact Sonos, but Spotify please post FAQ if solution is found....

Suggested posts