Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update for Windows Phone users

Update for Windows Phone users

In 2017 we confirmed Spotify for Windows Phone had been placed into maintenance mode.

We want to make current Spotify for Windows Phone users aware that the maintenance mode status is ending in 2019. Windows Phone users will not be able to use Spotify on previously supported Windows Phones with full functionality.

We’ll be winding down the app over a 3-month period, starting December 10th. During this time, functionality of the app will disappear – including the ability to search - and it will eventually stop working.

The following are the system requirements for using Spotify and accessing Spotify content through the Spotify app can be found here.”

52 Replies

Hi, are there any alternatives, like third party apps, API's or a mobile-friendly web player?

LS,

When will there come the function 'Spotify connect' to Windows Phone 10, were I use the best phone "HP X3 Elite" with B&O speakers?! But know I've bought me a Denon AVR X-3500H reciever also because of Spotify Connect possibility; "Which I can't find in Spotify for Windows".

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michel

PS: Sorry for my bad English

i am having trouble logging in from my laptop can you please help me i log in with facebook and if i log in with email i dont have my music

@Geniewood88 wrote:

i am having trouble logging in from my laptop can you please help me i log in with facebook and if i log in with email i dont have my music

Spotify stops supporting Windows and they don't give any answers. I've a premium account since 2014, but am testing 'Deezer' now and it looks similar. The sad thing is that I'll lose all my playlist, but it's not my choice "it's the choice of Spotify -leaving Windows-!"

@MichelNH wrote:

@Geniewood88 wrote:

Spotify stops supporting Windows and they don't give any answers. I've a premium account since 2014, but am testing 'Deezer' now and it looks similar. The sad thing is that I'll lose all my playlist, but it's not my choice "it's the choice of Spotify -leaving Windows-!"

Spotify has not stopped supporting Windows (desktop), just Windows Mibile/Phone. The Windows client (for desktops) is working and it is fully supported.

@Sasso0101 wrote:

@MichelNH wrote:

@Geniewood88 wrote:

Spotify has not stopped supporting Windows (desktop), just Windows Mibile/Phone. The Windows client (for desktops) is working and it is fully supported.

that's the same, Spotify on Windows is 👎🏻 and stopping making an universal app is leaving Windows! I'm trying out know Deezer!!! 

Believe me you don't want to know how terrible is deezer beta version on windows desktops.

@max_e87 wrote:

Believe me you don't want to know how terrible is deezer beta version on windows desktops.

What other choice do I have, now Spotify is leaving Windows?! Spotify support on Windows was always**bleep** and NOT making a universal app for Windows  doesn't give me another choice then leaving Spotify!

But saying that; What is the best universal Windows music streamer? 

Thanks

I really don't know if for music streaming services is worth all the efforts to support windows phone.

Just a crazy idea for you to think about.

Go to https://www.xda-developers.com

maybe someone found a way to change the OS to Android.

@max_e87 wrote:

I really don't know if for music streaming services is worth all the efforts to support windows phone.

There is no need to support Windows phone only, when it's a universal! At this moment I don't like the Windows version of Spotify at all on my Surface Pro 4+ i7 512Gb 16Gb ram and HP 64ram. It's using to much memory and I realy don't know why that's necessary were I use almost all the music in memory mode.

@max_e87 wrote:

At the high security level of our business, it's not possible to use google content. However we're trying apple's, but the office365, necessary for business issues, failed. And I already know that Android is also a fail at Office365 and that is besides the low level of private security.

So the possibilities are using 2 OS phones, one for business and one for music or another music streaner when Spotify really stops on Windows! I prefer another music streamer, were 2 OS's isn't  what I want.

I really don't understand why Spotify isn't making a universal Windows app, were that would be so much easier to use!

@max_e87 wrote:

Thanks to @spotify and there stopping on Windows @Microsoft, I tried @Deezer and wowww  Deezer Hifi is so much better then Spotify on my Denon AVR "just works great  on a much higher level!" And Deezer has a Windows Universal app "love it". 

They only thing is that Spotify was offered by my phone company, hopefully I can rit of Spotify and otherwise I  pay for 2 music streamers 'were Spotify will be useless for Microsoft Windows users'.

I hope you will have a good experience with win app.

On my laptop (i7, 16gb) was teribbly slow and buggy.

@max_e87 wrote:

I hope you will have a good experience with win app.

On my laptop (i7, 16gb) was teribbly slow and buggy.

Strange, that's my experience with Spotify and totally not with Deezer. Deezer is a Universal app and even works fine on my Windows Ohone and my HP Elite X3, which are both a lot lighter then your laptop. But even on my Windows tablet, Surface i7 16Gb, my PC and Denon Hifi it works a lot faster and easier as spotify; 'And yes I'm a premium Spotify user right from the start'. 

I'm a heavy Office365 business user and won't walk around with 2 mobiles, were the android/ios only will  be  for spotify. So I rather chose another music streamer and now I see**bleep** Spotify works on Microsoft's Windows and Denon; So I'm happy with Deezer, I only must pay about 20 months for Spotify. (May be I can make somebody else happy with that).

FYI: Deezer just replaced their old Windows 10 UWP app with their new desktop version, so you cannot download it anymore from the MS Store.

@hans-jürgen wrote:

FYI: Deezer just replaced their old Windows 10 UWP app with their new desktop version, so you cannot download it anymore from the MS Store.

Have  you looked in the Microsoft store on  your Windows phone? Because I have and it's still there, indeed with a fine update last week! 

wp_ss_20190106_0003.png

@MichelNH wrote:

@hans-jürgen wrote:

Have  you looked in the Microsoft store on  your Windows phone? Because I have and it's still there, indeed with a fine update last week! 

I've tested an android phone and I don't like the OS. I can buy an apple, haven't tested that yet, but it's far overpriced for what you get. And there is no future for apple, it's only iphone and their sellings are less! 

I hope that Microsoft comes this year with their Surface Phone, that will be the pc/laptop in your pocket "the ultimate!" 

@MichelNH  schrieb:

@hans-jürgen wrote:

I don't have a Windows Phone, only using Windows 10 on my desktop PC where you get their new desktop app in the MS Store now if you try to download it. But thanks for the info, does the new Windows Phone app also support the HiFi audio setting with FLAC streaming? That would be a unique feature, because their Android and iOS apps do not, only their desktop app.

Suggested posts